Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Curious about mobile pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
We do a monthly market with our mobile WFO and it is a lot fun (did I mention hard work? ...we are busy the entire weekend and sell a lot of pizzas. Do I think I could make a living at it if I did it every weekend (even if that was possible around here)...no.

Your mileage may vary.
A popular companies business plan suggests you do 4 a week!
Which would then basically be a full time job.... not the starting point for most I'm sure, but a goal.

With construction as my background, and this economy, it seems to me the only thing that seems to not change is people continue to eat, no matter how much money they have (or haven't).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman1 View Post
Which would then basically be a full time job.... not the starting point for most I'm sure, but a goal.

With construction as my background, and this economy, it seems to me the only thing that seems to not change is people continue to eat, no matter how much money they have (or haven't).
The 'popular' company is probably in the business of selling a product and/or an idea...but 4 days a week catering or event vending is a 6 or 7 days per week job from my experience - lots of prep and fetching. Depending on your location (like me in a small town), 4 days a week catering or event vending may not be a viable business plan. Major metro areas might be different.

Not to be overly skeptical...but wouldn't a deteriorating economy mean people eat out less? People may have to eat, but it might be beans instead of pizza.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman1 View Post

Warren Buffett might agree with you. He buys ordinary companies that work no matter what the economy.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I guess 15 years owning my own business doesn't account for much.
It counts for a lot. I assumed from your original post that you didn't have much experience with actual business operations, but since you have, you will be able to analyze the mobile pizza business on its merits. I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Not to be overly skeptical...but wouldn't a deteriorating economy mean people eat out less? People may have to eat, but it might be beans instead of pizza.
I'd agree with this statement as a general rule, but it seems to me the eateries around here are full more nights than not. I think the bad economy coupled with the growing number of people who want everything NOW, still go out to eat.
It's also occurred to me that at professional sports venues (and I think you can include festivals and other such events), even with absurdly high ticket prices, people spend on food.

Anyways, thats just my opinion, which in my house usually accounts for less than half.. especially if it doesn't jive with the other half's opinion.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Serf

Quote:
We were worried about this, and were concerned about the cost of his parties, but he offers quite a range (from $500 to 900) and people don't seem to blink to book the party at the fee. Yes we do have some looking for a $300 taco guy price, but we have just as many that go for the $900 party as well. Economy doesn't seem to stop people from celebrating and throwing parties!