Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Commercial Pizza Ovens

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: 81 Inch First Build (and first post)

How come you didn't just ask your wife to get the portland out of the trunk for you? .... yeah, same reason I wouldn't ask my wife...
Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

94lbs? She's strong, but she's not that strong.

She did unload a pile of concrete blocks from the car though. That was a thrill to watch. Whenever she started to complain I would point out that they were 6" blocks, unlike the 8" blocks I had built the stand out of. Heh heh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Apprentice

that is why I married a little gal...they can't kick your ass too bad...unless they are armed.

Here is my little wife...lol
Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Apprentice

Finally able to get back to work on the oven...finished up the perlcrete girdle, trimmed the centers (support frames) and began setting them..pics to follow.
Roger

I cracked my inner arch and decided to totally redo with different mortar anyway.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

That's the most complex form system I've ever seen. Wow. Do you plan on burning it out after the build?

Updated!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Apprentice

I took the cue from the youtube video of the commercial oven built by David Moore found here...so I didn't "invent" it, just modified it to suit my oven.

YouTube - Building of a wood-burning pizza oven.

Burn it out? Heavens no..it took too much to design, cut, fit and assemble. I will simply pull it down, clean off the staples and keep it (and the arch support and worksheets) handy for the next one I build near the beach in St.Croix...(wishful, I know)
Old 04-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

The oven is looking great,, Love the shot of your wife,,, How deadly is she with those things ??? sure hope you can run fast ...

Keep up the exceptional work..
Mark
Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Apprentice

She's fair with handguns...but she is very good with a shotgun on clays!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Serf

This looks like a DIy build. How are you doing with inspections/permitting?

I assume you wont get a UL or NSF certification for this? Any problem dealing with the local authorities? Did you have to provide plans? Get Permits? Etc.

I am looking to do a diy oven in C FL. And just trying to get ducks in a row. Any info or experience is much appreciated.

Also what does the insurance company think of this. Are they gonna jack up rate over a conventional gas fired pizza oven?

Thanks. And best of luck. Looks great!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Apprentice

It is a DIY...in a commercial kitchen, so local health dept has oversight. This is the first case of a site built WFO in KY according to the Health Dept at the capital...they were perplexed at the lack of "NSF" stickers, having a hard time wrapping their minds around the fact that it is built on site, rather than coming off a truck...pre-made.

I did not have to provide plans, but do have a working relationship with officials.

Insurance has not gone from residential to commercial yet, but here in KY, burning wood is very acceptable in many applications.

My only advice is to gather as much supportive data and tell them what you are doing, don't ask to do it...give them the data to cover their ass and should go better..
my 2 cents