Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Commercial Pizza Ovens

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: 81 Inch First Build (and first post)

^^^ Yeah, that really puts it in scale. Looking really good so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 03-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Apprentice

With the help of a good friend, we got the steel in place and the form started for the girdle...I set half bricks last night. Today holes were drilled through those brick 1-1/2 inch into the concrete pad to anchor the bottom of the re-rod.

thanks Randy !

Roger
Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Journeyman

That thing is a beast!!!. Does your friend wear a side arm while working on the oven too?
Eric
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Apprentice

eprante,
Yeah, it's growing bigger than I had first imagined...but the size will come in handy.

And yes, that friend is one of my shooting buddies, a good instructor/competitor and carries full time, like myself. My wife and 2 out of three daughters carry (the third is going to take her class this summer). Most of my friends carry. Here in KY, all who love freedom and cherish liberty carry their firearm of choice. KY is one of the freer states in the Union.
Roger
tibort likes this.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Apprentice

Started pouring the perlcrete in the girdle forms at last...I ran the crete up past the top of the brick to give the first dome course more purchase and using less mortar...that stuff is expensive!

Pizza at home last night.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Apprentice

detail of how I "sewed" the masonite together at the lap joint and tied to re-bar.

I will tie the re-bar into lighter iron in the perlcrete cladding over the dome.
Roger
Old 03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Once Again...

Very Impressive.. Do you have an Idea of how much perlite you will be needing/using ??

Mark
Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Apprentice

17 bags so far...at least 20 more to go, just for the firm cladding...plus 10 to 15 for the loose fill insulation..
Old 03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Apprentice

note to self...buy portland from a dealer who moves alot of it...DON'T buy from the lumber yard that keeps the pile uncovered in an open shed....I just threw out a batch that had been too wet and lost the weekend's worth of work on the oven...I didn't buy from my ususal source...trying to save a trip out of town...dohh !!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Similar but far less serious anecdote: I left a bag of portland in the back of the car because I threw my back out and couldn't get it out of the car again. Then, my wife and I go back to HD to get bark for the yard and she starts chucking wet plastic bags of bark in the car faster than I can stop her. I see my paper bag of portland getting wet, freak out, and yank the bags of bark out as fast as possible. We covered the portland with blankets and then continued. <sigh>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:

Thread: