Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Pizza Ovens (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/)
-   -   60'' internal oven (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/60-internal-oven-2529.html)

phillip 09-08-2007 09:47 PM

60'' internal oven

Hi am new to your forum and have been reading a number of posts and have found a few others wanting a larger oven, it may be to cook a lager number of dishes or 5 12" 4 minute thicker pizzas at one time (you may have one person dedicated to operation of the oven ) or simply a larger number of bead loafs after cooling down.
I also am looking to open a wood fire pizza restaurant and using the oven to cook the entire menu as do many others in Victoria.
Yes I may need two oven but am looking for a bigger oven 60" or larger can any one help with plans.

Thanks in advance.

maver 09-08-2007 11:34 PM

Re: 60'' internal oven

Welcome, certainly the large oven topic has been discussed here a fair amount, please search the forum for details. The short of it is that when you get over two - three pizzas at a time you really need a dedicated oven manager to control the fire (wood) as well as keep the pizza moving. For that to be efficient, you really need a dedicated pizza assembler as well. A larger oven will also consume more wood. All of this may make sense commercially, but hard to make it practical for home use. Keeping my 42" oven working at capacity is a challenge even with 1 or 2 good helpers.

hewynz 11-09-2007 05:19 PM

hey guys, im from new zealnd and am currently in the process of buliding a oven with a cooking surface of 1.6m 64". will post pics when i have an oppurtunity.
i am putting it ina restaurant where we serve fresh hand made pasta aswell.

Dutchoven 11-13-2007 12:47 PM

Good luck Hewynz! 1.6 m is large...can you expound a bit on how you plan to build it. I look forward to pics
Best
Dutch

hewynz 11-23-2007 09:26 PM

im going to bulid it exaclty the same way that you would normally bulid it just by doing some maths.. with the original dimensions.. then wham bam thank you mam.. but yes wil post pics..

phillip 11-23-2007 11:19 PM

Hewynz can you show us your maths so we can all see?

hewynz 11-25-2007 11:49 PM

rougly all i did was converted inches in to centimeters.. then worked backwards.. 42' = 160cm/1.6m..(roughly) every extra inch converts to so many extra.. cm/mm. yea find it is also to convert inches in to millimeters.. then multiply very slowly.

it took me ages but i got there.. if you put your mind to it you can do anything..

i would attach what i have i done but it exceeds the file size..
hope dosent confuse you too much feel free to ask me more

Acoma 11-26-2007 02:47 PM

Hewy, when does the work begin? Let's get the shovel and break ground, call the mayor, get news on it :)

hewynz 11-27-2007 10:09 AM

work begins early next year.. the sooner the better god dam it..
am also having hooks installed in the top of the dome so i can hang my meat off the ground. the oven is going to very inter-disciplinary.
will keep all posted with pictures...

JeremyM 02-25-2008 07:36 AM

Bumping this back to the top. Curious if construction has begun or not.