Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Commercial Pizza Ovens

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Is a 51" (FB 130) TOO big?

I would vote that you go with the larger oven. In a commercial setting there is nothing worse than not having the space you need to keep up with orders during a rush. Having a slightly larger oven will not increase you wood costs by an appreciable amount and management won't be different. By restaurant standards, a 130cm/51" oven is still considered on the small side.

My thinking is that the larger oven gives you the ability to cook more items at the same when you have to, but that doesn't mean that you have to do it all the time. As Jay says, juggling multiple pizzas can be difficult -- but you only want to do that during busy periods.

One other thought is that having a little extra space makes it easier for you to move pizzas and pans around inside the oven, without having to worry about the fire, ash and the other pizzas and pans

My two cents. :-)

James
Esab likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Serf

Default We got the restaurant!

Just heard back. The owner of the previous restaurant accepted our offer to buy him out.

Now the hard part begins, transforming it into a Pub with a wood burning stove. Hope to meet with the Health Dept. and a contractor on Monday.

So--- it's a go for the oven. You guys have been a big help since I asked my question yesterday about which oven to get.

James- I think that you're right. The 51" should be it. We just have to take some true measurements and talk to the Health Dept. inspector about where we can place it. It'll be crowded if it goes into the kitchen, which is where the Fire Dept. and Building Dept. inspectors thought would be the best. (I don't think that they realize how BIG this is.)

I talked to a mason about building a facade. He built one for another restaurant in the area (but far enough away that we're not going to have to compete).

Next is the plans for the support.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good luck!

Let us know how things go! And what you install!
Jay
Old 10-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Serf

Thanks, Jay! I will definitely keep you guys informed, probably with more details than you'd ever want. But this is exciting!

--Steven