Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 05:36 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Sydney Outdoor Kitchen

photo's attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-bg003.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-bg004.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-bgnew-001.jpg  

Bruno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Apprentice

Hi Bruno,

All looks fantastic! I am particularly interested in your oven as I need to build a new WFO after I move house at the end of the month.
I have been looking at the FVR80 Vesuvio wood fired oven and also the MIDI alfresco wood fired oven.
You seem pretty happy with your FVR100, is that correct?
Does it come with calsil under floor insulation? How much was the FVR100 kit?
Also it says ceramic door - is it insulated?

Last edited by applor; 05-06-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Laborer

Hi,

I've been using the oven for just over a year now and couldn't be happier. It's excellent.
It doesn't come with the calsil underfloor insulation - I bought that extra. The supplier suggest just using hebel block under the hearth as the only insulation, but I decided to go with the calsil. I ended up using hebel on top of that just to raise my floor level as it felt I bit low for me.The kit does come with the insulation mat and chicken wire for around the top of the dome though, you just need to render/finish off to your own liking.
The FVR model like mine only comes with a steel plate door about 2-3 mm thick that just sits in front of the opening and is removeable. The ceramic door you refer to comes with the "TOP" model. It is already built into the archway and fixed in when being assembled. It's a hinged door so cannot be removed. This model is more expensive however.
My basic kit was around the $2200 mark. The calsil was about an extra $100 and render was extra of course.
This video is from the suppliers of my oven in Sydney, and shows them building the TOP model oven:
Installation Instructions for Vesuvio Wood Fire Oven TOP 100 - YouTube

I'm sure you wont regret it if you go with this oven. It's top quality and would recommend them to anyone. Good luck in your build.

Bruno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Apprentice

Yeah thanks Bruno I think I am set on this oven now.

I also like being able to buy my own calsil insulaton
Will also mod the door and insulate it and add a thermometer I think.

How much blanket is included? Enough for 2 layers of 25mm I presume?

I also found a number of 'catering direct' mobs sell the Vesuvio kit so I've been shopping around
Old 05-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Laborer

The kit is supplied with 25mm ceramic fibre blanket. Enough for 2 layers so it will be 50mm thick insulation.

Bruno

Old 10-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Serf

Hi Brunno,
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your outdoor kitchen and commend you on the quality of the work so far. You have inspired me to attempt something similar, but I was just wondering if you could share with me the dimensions of your outdoor space the oven has been built in. I have difficulty visualising the dimensions. It looks like 4 x 6 metres. Would this be a close guess.

Cheers Chris.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Laborer

G'day Chris,

Thanks for your post.

The size of the area is 3.8m x 5.5m (measured from outside of the brick columns).

Good luck with your build.

Bruno