Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: removing forms from concrete countertop

Karen, I met with my concrete contractor today and I ran your situation by him. He said a 7 day rest should be sufficient as long as you reinforced it well with rebar. Sounds like you did.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma View Post
Karen, I met with my concrete contractor today and I ran your situation by him. He said a 7 day rest should be sufficient as long as you reinforced it well with rebar. Sounds like you did.
That was nice of you to ask Brauma.

I am sure Karen will be excited.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Laborer

Yeah, thanks for asking. Tomorrow will be 7 days but I'm going to wait a little longer. I have other projects to work on and I might as well just leave the forms on since I won't be working on it anyway.

Mark, What did you decide to do about your patio? Are you going with the stamped concrete like you originally planned? Karen
Old 09-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannabecker View Post
Mark, What did you decide to do about your patio? Are you going with the stamped concrete like you originally planned? Karen
I have scaled back my patio considerably. Here's what we're going to do: I'm getting two sidewalks installed and they will be stamped in "English Yorkstone". (We don't have sidewalks , but that will soon change). And for the patio, we are just going to pour a 12x12 broomed slab and build the kitchen on it. The size of this slab isn't set in stone yet (pardon the pun) we're still tweaking the size of it. I'm trying to decide whether to just make the slab the same size as the kitchen or come out another 4 feet all around for the seating area. I'm leaning towards adding the extra 4'. And, I'm also having it priced in the "board/plank" stamp.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer