Old 06-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Planning the Patio

I think you are on the right track. I will share what I did that helped me. Take garbage cans, cardboard boxes, actual chairs, hose, etc and lay out in approximate scale of where your items will be placed. Then look at each of the focal points from all the areas of your house and yard. For instance do you want to look out the French doors of your dining room to the side of your oven or have it angled to provide the eye a nice focal point? Do you want to have the seating area off the dining room and have the oven closer to your kitchen door? Actually walk through the choreography of mobilizing people, food, drinks through the space. Anyway, the more ways you can consider it the better.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Serf

Default Re: Planning the Patio

Im definitely going to lay everything out before breaking ground. The drawings just help me to visualize it while I am away from home.
Luckily ive only got another week at work before Ill get back there again!
Good idea about being able to see the opening from the patio door! I think the angled opening will be the way to go.
S.