Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Journeyman

Default Who is "Tammy" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
My vote was that you both won the 10,000th posting pool and that Patrick has to learn to make great pizza stone pizza in the meanwhile. Both of you, send an email message to Tammy.
James
(M) Is Tammy your wife?___ daughter? ___

(M) What's her member name?
============================

(M) Now go back to page 1 to see and guesstimate the cost of the ceramic pizza slices.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...sted-1971.html (A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested)

Ciao,

Marcel

Last edited by Marcel; 05-12-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added Info.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested

I showed these to my wife, she came up with $20 on her own, although we both wondered if you had plans for made to order (we don't have a recipe with olives in our house). I think a margherita would do well with the group on the forum (FB store), but pepperoni would be more marketable on Ebay.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Marcel,

Tammy oversees all of our residential sales, the showroom and the warehouse guys, and she's a great resource. Krista helps her with administration and does all the support for accessory sales, shipping, order tracking, etc.

They are tammy@fornobravo.com and krista@fornobravo.com.

Time to start baking.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 05-12-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Journeyman

Thumbs up Re: A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by maver View Post
I showed these to my wife, she came up with $20 on her own, although we both wondered if you had plans for made to order (we don't have a recipe with olives in our house). I think a margherita would do well with the group on the forum (FB store), but pepperoni would be more marketable on Ebay.
(M) Thanks, Maver for your wife's input of $20. I have no plans for "made to order". Since the tiles are a visual experience, I put on "everything" including anchovy, which I don't add to the pizza I eat.

(M) My preference for eating pizza is only tomato, garlic, fresh Mozarella and perhaps some basil.

Buen Provecho,

(M) Click below to see the pizzapottery

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...sted-1971.html (A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested)

Marcel

Last edited by Marcel; 05-12-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Needs URL
Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice work Marcel, put me down for a couple!

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Journeyman

Wink Re: A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabia Jim View Post
Nice work Marcel, put me down for a couple!
(M) "a couple" ... ?? Does that mean you are a twin? Schizophrenic ? Married?

(M) But speaking seriously, it sounds as though you would like to purchase 2 at $20 each. I appreciate your vote of confidence but I haven't even made any more yet.

(M) The other problem is that I think that shipment to Spain may be prohibitive. In any case, I'm aware of your vote of confidence and when (if) I decide to fire more, I'll get in contact with you as you may have returned to Michigan by then.

Muchos Gracias, Sen~or,

Ciao,

Marcello

Last edited by Marcel; 05-13-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Wrong State.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Journeyman

Default A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested

(M) Hi, fellow builders. I made some ceramic pizza slices as tiles for the horizontal face of my slab. They are each hand painted with glazes. I'm thinking of marketing a few on eBay but have found nothing similar with which to establish an asking price, so I'm coming to this forum for your guesses of a fair starting price? $____

(M) I'd be grateful if you would NOT post a new thread title on top of this one for a few days so this post won't get buried before I get your input.

(M) Here are 2 images. The chunk of cheese and the egg salad are edible, but be careful with your teeth on the pizza!

================================================== ====

(M) To justify this posting under "Outdoor Kitchen Design" I'll include the following URL to show that under construction:

marceld/OutdoorKitchenEtc - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(M) Thanks for your guestimate of an asking price per pizza tile: $____

P.S. It would not be helpful if you flatter me by posting a greater price than you honestly feel each is worth.

Ciao,

Marcel __________________
Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Journeyman

I'm still pretty new to the site and just found this post..hope you are still contemplating marketing these. I think they are great. As a creator of unique things in my businesses (bakery and masonry) I have learned, and someone else mention it, art is worth what people will pay for it. Don't under estimate yourself, those are completely unique, nobody else is making them..you must charge a premium for them Id say 35.00 plus shipping. when you look at the "custom" tiles on the market most are simply custom painted after being made in a mold. you have a potential product that for each one you make there will not be another one like it..ever.
High end consumers will literally buy anything if they like it and usually at a price you and I would say "are you nuts I'm not paying that much". It took me several years to rid myself of that mentality just because I wouldn't pay someone what I get paid doesn't mean I shouldnt charge as much asthe market will allow for a service or product that cannot be had elsewhere. I looked at some of my saved ceramic sites at the custom tiles and people are getting $30-40 for tile, again that are form made and hand painted. Id go for it. Forget about e-bay though for now.. once the world sees them its only a matter of time before someone is making them also. Stick to your local market an build a base there..you have got something here run with it or someone else will..
Good luck
Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Apprentice

Very unique, Marcel. You have talent.

Have you settled on a price yet? You shouldnt cheat yourself on your own labor and skill.

Will there be a FB member discount?

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 09-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I've thrown many pots and hand built items too.
And I must say that crust is awesome. I don't know how you got that effect, but it is really, really nice.

Now I don't know how much of a market there is for tiles like that.

I would probably pay somewhere in the $12-$15 range.

Now... How do I incorporate a few of those into my oven design?

Good work!

My costs:

My pics: