Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Pauls new outdoor kitchen and oven in Melbourne

Paulyboy

Impatience was one thing, but what inspired me the most was seeing a documentry on Pompeii uncovered. Seeing this town uncovered and seeing all the little wood-ovens everywhere (" Pompeii style pizza ovens") made me think that these people did'nt have local builders merchants or purpose cut fierbricks or angle-grinders or chordless drills etc.......the necessety to build a wood-oven capable of making bread with the materials at hand was the task. I built mine on this pretense and it cost me about £80 in all.

I believe once you fire it up, you will have a totaly different opinion of how it looks to you.

Best of luck....Regards Terry (C.F)
Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Laborer

So finally got my flue fitted up.
And here is my version of a brick arch.
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Pauls new outdoor kitchen and oven in Melbourne-dsc00752.jpg   Pauls new outdoor kitchen and oven in Melbourne-dsc00751.jpg   Pauls new outdoor kitchen and oven in Melbourne-dsc00753.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannyfradock View Post
Paulyboy

Impatience was one thing, but what inspired me the most was seeing a documentry on Pompeii uncovered. Seeing this town uncovered and seeing all the little wood-ovens everywhere (" Pompeii style pizza ovens") made me think that these people did'nt have local builders merchants or purpose cut fierbricks or angle-grinders or chordless drills etc.......the necessety to build a wood-oven capable of making bread with the materials at hand was the task. I built mine on this pretense and it cost me about £80 in all.

I believe once you fire it up, you will have a totaly different opinion of how it looks to you.

Best of luck....Regards Terry (C.F)
Thanks for the encouragement Terry.
There are so many things about my oven and outdoor Kitchen that I would do differently if I was to start again, but I'm sure you're right, once I have my old girl fired up and cooking I'm sure I will love it.
Paul
Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Pauly,
Your brick arch looks great.... No need to change anything,, you can look forward to future advancements,,,for your out door kitchen,,, Your doing a great job BE PROUD....

Just a question for my curiosity ??? whats your weather situation down under this time of year,,, Summer, winter ?? etc...

Cheers
Mark
Old 11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
Just a question for my curiosity ??? whats your weather situation down under this time of year,,, Summer, winter ?? etc...
Mark, it's springtime in Australia right now. Here in Melbourne we have had a couple of weeks of temperatures in the 30's (90'sF). We might be in for a dry hot summer I think. It was only last summer we had the Black Saturday bushfire tragedy where 100's of lives and 1000's of homes were lost. We are all praying for a safer summer this year.
Paul
Old 11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

well pauly,,
then you are on a good track with time for your build.. enjoy the summer and I certainly hope it is a much safer summer for all of you down under,,,

Mark
Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Pauls new outdoor kitchen and oven in Melbourne

Mark,
hot, dry and a new fire warning here in Adelaide - CATASTOPHIC fire warning. 41˚C predicted and all fire bombing planes and helicopters on call and at the ready and it is only mid November.
Yesterday was the only day below 35˚C for 10 days, so we are certainly in for a very hot. dry and fire prone summer, especially since we had exceptional spring rains to fill the reservoirs and provide the now drying and very flammable undergrowth.
We have had a couple of idiot arsonists in the past and the police are door knocking all possible culprits, cameras set up all around the Adelaide hills roads and keeping track of all vehicles 24/7 in an attempt to stop and then to catch those responsible for fires in what is looking at the most dangerous period ever for fires.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

wow, thats gotta be tough on you guys, Im surprised they are'nt tougher on you wanting to build WFO's Once again, I wish you all down under a safe and somewhat damp summer, and I hope they catch whatever nut that would start a fire like that....

cheers
Mark
Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 AM
Laborer

Nice arch....lovely brickwork.

It's a shame you guys in Oz can't enjoy your lovely climate without the drawbacks that you mentined. If it's any consolation, here in S.Wales it's been raining for 4 weeks, flood warnings on 4 of our rivers in Wales, I'm laid off because of the weather (s/e) my roof is leaking and my combi- boiler has just broke down and I've just had a call from my mechanic to say there's an extra £100 of welding to be done on my car before it passes its M.O.T (honest)....apart from that everything's fine here in Wales.

Regards Terry (C.F)

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Laborer

Ick!
Purple, it looked good in my head but in real life I think not....
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Pauls new outdoor kitchen and oven in Melbourne-dsc00756.jpg