Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Outdoor sink

I found my sink for the outdoor kitchen. It was going to be a smaller inexpensive stainles steel unit, but sufficient to meet the needs until I found this one on ebay. A $5 find and will do the task admirably. It has the character that I preferred over the stainless
Now I need to get the patio built (as I have the engineering drawings in council), work out the final layout which is pretty well fixed and then put it all together.
New and extended tiled benchtops to include the sink, cupboards and tiling of the area will hopefully be done before christmas.

Neill
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor sink-outdoor-sink.jpg  

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Outdoor sink

That's a nifty sink. What is the material? I can't tell from the pic. Is it porcelain over cast iron? I like the faucets too.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi egalecki,
it is a pressed steel sink that has been enamelled.
The shape, size and colour appealed to me specifically for the outdoor kitchen
The picture is not the best, I contoured the original ebay pic so it doesn't have a great deal of detail. I will post a better one once the kitchen is underway.
The sink has one chip the size of a thumb nail but not through to the base metal, so no rust.
I will mix some 2 pack epoxy to the same colour and patch it hopefully for several years.

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 07-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Apprentice

I have a commercial sink in the bone yard behind the house. Still debating about the install. Your sink is beautiful but it cost twice as much as my entire build
My costs so far have been:
$155 for fire and other brick
$150 concrete
$60 Peralite
$15 wood
$50 bags ready mix
$50 lime/fire clay
tools
$150 used mixer
$40 diamond blade

every thing else has been salvaged from the garage. My building brick unused were $75 for 357 bricks. Better figure a tank of gas too!
My estimated cost to complete is one more bag fir clay $10 and possibly A 90lb bag of Portland cement $10. Also I need to replace a half dozen splits broken during construction $20,

Your sink looks very cool but over this project budget

Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Berryst
I am a little confused with your statement "Your sink is beautiful but it cost twice as much as my entire build"
My sink cost $5
You have spent:
$155 for fire and other brick
$150 concrete
$60 Peralite
$15 wood
$50 bags ready mix
$50 lime/fire clay
tools
$150 used mixer
$40 diamond blade

That makes it around $620!
It all mounts up but be aware that the sink is only a small part of an ongoing task with a completely new/rebuild outside kitchen build.
I cut the steel for the roofing trusses yesterday and will assemble and weld them this afternoon At least I am now underway after waiting 6 monthe for the structural engineers to finaslise the requirements of the local council.

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Master Builder

I bet he was talking about the stone sink at the start of this thread...

Christo

Old 07-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Apprentice

Neill
I was refering to the granite sink at the begining of the post. Yes , I guess I spent $620 but it look like I spent at leat $50.00 Like I said my job on this forum to make all the rest of you look good. At least you could say "that's a beautiful cement mixer"
Berryst

Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Laborer

I made a cast concrete sink in my kitchen in my last house. It was a farm style sink, and the costs were minimal. They retail for a LOT, but people do buy them. I think James will have buyers, and if it's no money out of his pocket to carry them...why not? Just diversifies the Forno Bravo Catalog.
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor sink-img_8506.jpg