Old 08-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Outdoor sink

I'm planning on a major patio/pergola renovation for the back area where the oven is a feature. I have a cast concrete bench with orange tiles (the trendiest colour for the 70's) which are to be replaced with Italian tiles. It housed the original BBQ which was LPG and built in.
Also planning on including a sink but initially with cold water only as it is within a metre of the location. Wast water no problem as a sewer inspection point is almost directly beneath it and very east to connect legally.
Still thinking of cupboards and shelves as the existing water tank is shot and not needed to be replaced.
The roof is to be gabled with a self venting strip running the full 12 metre length which can be closed off during the colder months and half clad with colourbond and half with polycarbonate sheeting, so that no light is lost in through the large sliding door into the family room/kitchen and also the new laundry.
Also planning clear vinyl cafe style blinds above the retaining walls for those miserable times which will then turn the patio into an all year round solarium style entertainment area.
The last thing to be done will be to tile the existing concrete floor, restock the brich flour boxes with fresh plants and install the very large outdoor setting, Somewhere around the $6,000 to $8,000 should see it in hopefully by christmas.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nissanneill; 08-19-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Outdoor sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanneill View Post
Also planning on including a sink but initially with cold water only as it is within a metre of the location.
We only drew a single cold water line from the house, but our plumber put in an electric powered instahot gadget so the water heats just under the sink. It really does work very well. Unless you need tons of hot water I would just draw the single line.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
All this time I was trying to figure out what WFO meant.....

It certainly wasn't what I thought it was...

Christo
I did that, too - took a while to realize what it actually meant. Still have to think about it when I see it.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Master Builder

was thinking about going only cold water in my sink until I was looking on Ebay and saw small instant hot water heater LPG powered at a very resonable price.

I think I'll go with a hot and cold faucet and work the instant on hot water heater in at a later date.

Chrsto

Old 10-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Apprentice

Christo, does your LP gas hot water heater require an electric hookup?

Concerning a sink, I'm planning on installing one. When I'm out at the outdoor kitchen, I don't want to feel the need to run back & forth. My goal is to have everything I need out there so that once the party gets started, we can sit back and enjoy the facility.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 05-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Serf

I'm using a pretty great stainless steel sink, it doesn't get scratches, it doesn't stain as well. I got it from this site. I hope it helps.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma View Post
Christo, does your LP gas hot water heater require an electric hookup?
I have one that just requires 2 D cell batteries and hooks up to a propane cylinder like a BBQ. The version I have will supply about 5 sinks with 115 degree F water ( health dept requirment) and costs about $300. If I remember it is a Ecotemp L10. They also have smaller versions for about $120

Portable Tankless Water Heater

You can find them on Ebay and Amazon as well.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Serf

I use the sink a lot, it as a great asset. I think the sink is more important than the fridge. I can wash my hands quickly. I soak corn for the grill. It is used for general clean-up. Or just to get a glass of water when working in the yard.
Our faucet is a hose type nozzle. I also clear the keg trap and line using the faucet hose. The keg drip pan drains into the sink trap. Washing down the keg trap keeps the bugs away.
I do wish I had a little more counter space. We currently make the pizzas in the kitchen and bring them out to cook.
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor sink-dscn0240.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Jim, That is one excellent looking outdoor kitchen!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Laborer

I am in the planning stage for my outdoor kitchen and a sink is a must. My set up is near our garden rain water tank and if the tank is more the 20% full gravity will do instead of a pump. I was thinking of just having a 20 litre bottle in a hide-away under the sink to catch the grey water and empty it the next day on the garden. A qiuck rinse of the bottle in back ready to go again. Now if I could just get the rest of the design done!