Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

View Poll Results: What do you use for outdoor music
Powered speakers with iPod. 3 8.11%
I turn up my indoor stereo really high (11). 0 0%
Boombox with CDs or Radio. 4 10.81%
Wireless outdoor speakers 6 16.22%
Wired outdoor speakers (I planned ahead). 20 54.05%
Other (let us know). 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Outdoor Music

I put the Polk speakers in the ceiling of the kitchen, sound awesome. All of the other outdoor speakers were purchases at outdoorspeakerdepot .com
Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Journeyman

Presently I use a boom box while outside. IF I had neighbors close they wouldnt mind because I do not usually blast the music. I am considering using mostly low voltage lighting around the cooking area. If I do this I will probably install a marine am/fm/cd player (weather resistant) I have in storage. I also have the weather resistant speakers to go with it. It sounds quite nice and with a slight upgrade on the 12 volt power supply it would work fine. I know it sounds kinda redneck but if done properly it will look nice and be very usable. Besides like I said before I am working on an ever shrinking budget so the cheaper the better.

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Thanks Canjun,

Don't forget to vote in poll. I think those are useful.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Master Builder

I have done different things and I like them all. I'm a bit of a Bose nut so I've done the outdoor speakers (wired) with a separate zone. Quite effective and with the radio remote you can control the system from outside. I think it's a lifestyle system.

But I've also used the Bose wave radio system with the IPOD. The sound is very good (most people don't believe the sound from a radio). With a few thousand songs on the IPOD you can set it on random play and come back in a month

There is a new Bose docking system that uses a battery...wanna get one for bonfires on the beach.....or paella's!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post

Well, that and we have one mad neighbour, who'd start ringing the police right away. And don't suggest feeding her pizza, I think she probably digests her food by disolving it in her venom.
Feed the snake Frances.... Play politics... make her your pretend "best friend"....
And play her favorite tunes..... Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
What kind of music do you listen to for a pizza party? Italian theme music maybe?
I think most people play my vid where I am throwing dough and singing... I'm not even sure what the song is .. I sure don't no the words... But I bet everyone enjoys it on loud speakers!!!!

How's life in your part of the world?

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
I want any kind of music just to drown out the sound of the Mourning Doves -We are infested with them and they are driving me crazy! Here is a link to the noise and try and imagine hearing this non-stop, just about 24/7.

Mourning Dove

Les...
Come on Les!!!

A BB gun... a few shots!

Bon appetit

Get with it man!!!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Apprentice

We tried the wireless speakers for a while. Our cable system has various music channels ...pick your genre and you never know what song may come up next... unlike something you've recorded on the IPod or CD. Problem was, the pool area is right at the furthest extent of the range so sound was subject to interference and the moon phase.
Compromise has been to obtain a device that allows recording straight from the digital music channels to CDs...and use a boom box with a few remote speakers....still don't know what you're going to hear until the disc plays for the first time. They tell me the sound quality is not as good, but what do I know...mostly deaf in the middle music ranges
Old 06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Frances, I'm with you. Silence is golden. Good music is meant to be enjoyed in an armchair. I love great music, but there's a lot of great sounds elsewhere as well. Outside time is for enjoying the world around me.

I can't even imagine an ipod stuck in my ear all the time, nor music blaring around the yard. Tunes are great for a party but I can live without the blaring endless noise of Celine wailing like a bitch in heat. My wife's daughter is stuck on Miley Sirus/Hannah Montana......OMG! Pull my hair out. The sounds of a nice babbling fountain or running stream are what I want to hear when I'm outside. Perhaps the sounds of trout slurping rising caddis flies off the surface of the water......mmmmmmm! That's heaven!

-
Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Peasant

We tried live music a few years ago when we had the house warming. 35 complaints to the police. We fed the police and gave them more than a few drinks. The shift change was at 10pm so we kept going untill the guys on the first shift could get out of uniform and get round here. W e had to stop the music at midnight but the party went on till daybreak. It helped that my wife was in the force at the time and all of her shift along with the Superintendant and his wife were there.

Never put off untill tomorrow what you can do today. If you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hehe, good story!

...actually I quite liked the sound of the mourning doves...