Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Outdoor Kitchen Island

Hey Scott..I love everything you are doing. I just went through your other projects and they are all amazing. Great work!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Picasa Photo Library:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Cdubs. I have really enjoyed all the projects and never would have guessed I could get it to come out so nice. This site and the advice here has been invaluable. I'm working on the countertops and hope to update some pics. soon.

My projects:
Old 09-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Serf

Tips for better design of outdoor cooking
For those who design professional outdoor kitchens, the key is the combination of sound principles of landscape design with the best design practices of the kitchen interior. For those who are new to design the outdoor kitchen by following some tips to make the job a little easier and better results.

1. Apply the principles of good design in the kitchen of the functional areas of the kitchen.

If you are not a professional kitchen design, be sure to partner with one or at least understand good principles of kitchen design. Cold areas (refrigeration), hot areas (grills and stoves), wet areas (sinks) and dry (meters preparation and storage) must work together effectively in appropriate proximity, with each allocated space enough. The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) is a good resource for kitchen planning guidelines and find a professional.
2. Consider the relationship between the indoor kitchen and outdoor kitchen.

How self why you want the outdoor kitchen to be?
How could they be used together when cooking or entertaining? What is the traffic pattern between them?
3. Select low-maintenance materials designed to withstand the rigors of an outdoor kitchen.

High quality stainless steel provides a sanitary surface, easily cleaned and resistant to corrosion in harsh environments.
Natural stone counters work well, but some require sealing on a regular basis. The highest density of grains, such as "absolute black" are among the most porous stone, but can not be ideal for aesthetic design.
Consider how hot counter materials can be obtained under constant sunlight. Some materials stay naturally cooler than others, and not always a color issue of light versus darkness. The best way to test a sample is left in the sun.
Counters and patio / decks of materials (especially near the grill and cooking equipment etc) should be highly resistant to grease stains. Do not be afraid to mix materials yard.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Apply the principles of good design in the kitchen
Excellent advice for those planning an outdoor kitchen, especially including the most important of principles, the work triangle. Two other considerations for the outdoor kitchen with a WFO to consider are: a safety zone to accommodate long-handled oven tools such as peels/brooms/shovels/rakes and the effect of wind on your oven, kitchen and barbecue.
John
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Serf

I just went through all of your photos, beautiful work and truley stunning. You have some really cool and inovative ideas into the creation of these projects. good job and if you have any other photos please post so I can enjoy some more.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the kind words. We have hosted several parties this summer and even hired some "real" WFO pizza caterers a couple of times who were extremely complimentary of the oven/set up and how well it all worked. Another Forno Bravo success story.

My projects:
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Serf

I had gone through the post. Many tips are available for better design of outdoor cooking are Provide ample lighting, Compliment the design of the home, Extend the outdoor entertaining season with heaters, shade and rain shelter and many more are there. Woods are available in different types and we shape the wood as we need the model for kitchen island.