Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Peasant

Default Few more links for calculations

Acceptable deflection and bending calcs DEFLECTION
BEAM DEFLECTION CALCS

BOTH OF THE ABOVE PDF’S ARE ATTACHED IN CASE THE LINKS DIE.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Outdoor Kitchen/Bar and Pompeii WFO Build in Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8huntsman View Post
Very valid. Unfortunately with my design being in the corner of my yard, the opening must be on the same side as the oven opening. Maybe Ill build some sort of cart that can be pulled out so that I don't have to crawl in for the wood. I hate spiders.
Check with your local Community College and see if they have a welding program. I had my carts custom built for bays in my corner install...works like a charm, and they only charged me for cost of materials. I use the left side for prep & serving materials and the right side for wood storage (bottom)/serving (top).

Being able to roll the carts in/out makes cleanup a breeze and lets me customize my counter space as needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor Kitchen/Bar and Pompeii WFO Build in Southern California-dsc07932a.jpg   Outdoor Kitchen/Bar and Pompeii WFO Build in Southern California-dsc07938a.jpg   Outdoor Kitchen/Bar and Pompeii WFO Build in Southern California-dsc07948a.jpg   Outdoor Kitchen/Bar and Pompeii WFO Build in Southern California-02.jpg  
)

Photo albums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Peasant

Default Final Pizza Oven Layout.... hopefully

Finally got the ground leveled and footers for the roof dug. It’s now time to set the forms for the oven foundation so I need to finalize the base design.
I struggled to come up with a way to do 45 angles with the block base of the oven. The only way I could do it left a seem where the blocks wouldn’t be tied together from one course to the next. I found some radiused block that I was able to make work but it made the base slightly smaller than I had hoped. This new design gives me about 6″ overhang all around. I think this will be okay because I’ll be using rebar in the hearth and the weight from the dome is now positioned almost directly on top of the walls. This will also give me room for the possibility of stone veneer on the face of the block.
Anybody have any thought on why this wont work?
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor Kitchen/Bar and Pompeii WFO Build in Southern California-pizza-oven.jpg  

Last edited by n8huntsman; 04-15-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Master Builder

That should work fine. My preference is for a bit of workspace in front of the oven tunnel but that is a personal thing. The radiused block is a good idea.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Peasant

I'd prefer some work room in front as well but the overall kitchen design just doesn't allow it. There will be plenty of room off to the right side of the oven though...
Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Peasant

Default Concrete is poured and the posts are going up

Now that the design is mostly finalized and the digging is done, things are going much faster now. I’ve got 7 out of 10 posts up. The roof structure should be complete within 2 weeks.

<a href="http://n8sbar.servebeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WP_20140513_009.jpg">
Old 05-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Peasant

Default Side Beams are up

Oops! Double post

Last edited by n8huntsman; 05-27-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Peasant

Default Side Beams are up

The side beams are now up. One is bolted with a notched post to beam attachment and 5/8-11 stainless bolts. The other side is simply clamped for now. The ridge beam will be next but that’s going to require some assistance, and some temporary bracing. It’s over 500 lbs. Hard to tell in the pic but it’s 5.25″ X 14″ X 22 Feet!

Last edited by n8huntsman; 06-07-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Master Builder

Looks good. That is some serious timber you have there. Keep the pics coming.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 06-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Peasant

Last edited by n8huntsman; 06-07-2014 at 09:34 PM.