Old 03-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Not quite a kitchen

Way to go George!

Who is cuter? Your daughter or your oven? :-) We're starting to think about gardening -- may a couple of climbing shrubs behind the oven. We planted camellia in the beds across from the oven to match two that were there. They were covered with concrete and stucco, but they didn't die and they've really come back.

Looking good George,
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks everyone. My daughter is my sidekick at least eight hours a day. Its wonderful to be able to spend as much time as I want with her while she is young. She's well into her terrible twos at just 21 months old. We have a great time together, even when she is scolding me for not giving her candy.

Elizabeth - here's the link for Quikwall. It comes in white or gray. You can color it with concrete stain or paint it.

http://www.quikrete.com/ProductLines...dingCement.asp

James, were starting the gardening around here too. I build four raised beds for vegies last week. They've been covered in snow each morning for the last three days. Despite the somewhat typical March weather, the buds on the apple and pear trees are starting to open already.

Someday, I hope to get the entire area landscaped around the deck and oven. A paver patio with vertical rock walls for borders, a pond, plantings......... Probably a pipe dream!

-

Last edited by gjbingham; 03-09-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Master Builder

just cleaned out my raised beds, too. Planting onions, garlic and herbs this year. Tomatoes go on the deck this year to see if we can keep the deer away.

Really impressed with your countertops and a bit distressed at all the labor of love that has to go into them.... making me rethink my countertop plans!!!

Christo