Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Journeyman

Thumbs up Re: new patio suggestions

Just checking...

I didn't mean to imply that you do not know what you are doing and to those reading this, this goes for all of my posts. There is so much miss information given out these days starting from the supplier to the contractor and every Home Depot and Lowe's @#$#* in between. DIY related info has flooded the market which is a good thing for homeowners, unfortunately most of what is out there is watered down so badly or in many cases just plain WRONG.

So when I say stuff like that post please don't get offended who knows what you were told. In addition, this is a funny one, I recently worked on a house where the guy that did the retaining wall, since the customer wanted it straight up, cut every lip off and stacked them straight up. The homeowner said to me " yea, I really like the look of it that way instead of leaning back like in the brochure" and I was thinking "you better take a picture of it because its not gonna last"
I know I have a story for everything...sorry I just do, I have seen a LOT of strange stuff in my years..I feel like I should say "Sonny" at the end of that sentence. Sheeese I'm only 40 years old, as the aristocrats say " but I have an old soul" Thats what my friends tell me also, I think its just a polite was of telling me I'm boring..

The photo does look like they are straight up. Since they are racked back you should be good. I would defiantly add the rebar. Is there vertical rebar in the block already or is that where you are going to put it?

BTW what is that patio covered with? I cannot tell from the pic, what ever it is it looks very nice, I like it.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new patio suggestions

Pavers, and costly at that. As for the rebarb, they will go along the wall on the back (fence side). Uno, I absolutely agree with bad information. I spent many hours being sure of how to do the wall correctly, and have spent 40+ hours on it by my self so far. I read many conflicking methods, heard it too. The deck is a beauty, 12*34ft, with the edge of the patio by the courtyard being where my smoker, charcoal grill island will be. The deck looks out at the entire valley. This will hopefully be a very nice entertainment area for adults and the kids when done, likely 2 years.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

There's a retaining wall just down the street from my house. Straight as an arrow - if you don't count the fact that it's collapsing...

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ya, I have seen many questionable ones around town here.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.