Old 12-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Mixers and more mixers

Thanks for the feedback crew!
I have no problems with either unit but I am tending to go with the Hobart.
I am awaiting a reply from the States for the extra beater and whisk for it. I am amazed how many US ebayers will not post outside of their own country, even when you ask them nicely and prepared to pay all costs!
I also can't believe that that model, the A-200 is still bringing up to US$1900 in the States, and that is not refurbished.
I will try the Hobart out probably Christmas day, and if it performs as well as my other, then that's the one I'll keep.

Elizabeth
Quote:
I must confess, Neill, that I always wondered about the really small clearance between the opening of the bowl and the hook on your Chinese mixer. It looks as though it's hard to add things without spilling, to me. The Hobart's got a lot more room there, even though it's bigger than you need it to be.
That is the first thing that I noticed as well. The chinese unit is a little slim around the bowl top when installed into the mixer, but the liquids are not a problem adding when mixing, only when you are trying to put in a few kg of flour at the start of the mix.

Frances
Quote:
Well, I'd just love to have either one!
It's like everything in life. I tried with what I had, (the wifes pride and joy from her 21st Kenwood Chef) but that was getting knoched around too much but I didn't want a huge mixer, so the smallest that I could find was this 10 litre model. Quite happy with it's performance but when a bargain is pushed in my face, I can't say NO! I guess it is that natural progression from good to better to ideal (and much cheaper to boot!).

70chevelle
Quote:
Boy the Hobart looks nice! I think mixers are like garages, they can never bee too big!
I know what you mean. I have a good sized garage but it has 2 kit clubman's in there with a host of other equipment.
I won a Nissan SR20 turbo for the second one (which I plan on keeping as MY toy) and expecting a call from the transport company, so I need to make room and then get rid of the low km Mazda 13B turbo that I bought 5 years ago for the same car, but I was told that I wouldn't get it through the authorities over here due to their high emissions, so a late 90's injected turbo with 169kW in a 700kg car should prove fun to drive.

Cheers.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mixers and more mixers

I battled a bit finding an eBay seller who would ship attachments to Oz , but eventually found an excellent one. The parts that I ordered for my Thunderbird are interchangeable with the Hobart A-200. They ones I bought were actually sold for the A-200.

I paid $142 AUD for beater and spiral hook on eBay delivered to my door. I am happy to send the seller's details to you if you need.

Rossco
Old 12-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Mixers and more mixers

Rossco,
can you send me a personal email with your contact so I can check them out. I have one ready to send a spiral dough hook but another I am trying to get them to address the parcel to Oz rather than a lower 48 state!

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mixers and more mixers

PM sent Neill...

Rossco