Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: green egg built in

I like the corner set up in that pic, good ,luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Apprentice

to any one thinking about doing a built in green egg in granite countertop I wouldn't, I now have a crack in front and behind egg, though repaired and not too noticeable it sucks. the long smoke or after high heat the granite around the egg heats up significantly, and caused heat cracks, even though it has a 1/2" heat gap between egg and granite, according to granite installers, granite cannot take long periods of heat. mine works, but if I was doing it again I would do it so egg is open in front, sitting on shelf, it sucks to lose countertop space which is a benefit of built in but it would be more functional on shelf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Journeyman

I agree
Ive got cracks in my granite under a gas cook top
It wouldn't really be getting that hot.
I will need to araldite and cement sheet underneath to strengthen it and use a bit of cement sheet under the cook top to protect it.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Serf

I'd be heartbroken ... going to the $$ of granite and then having it crack. While it's isn't in a contiguous placement, I'm using the same 4" poured in place concrete for this counter. It's what the oven sits on.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Serf

I really like the corner installation, seems to make use of difficult space. AND that incomplete enclosure is good, aesthetically I like the shape and colour of the BGE and exposing it llike this is a good mix of materials
Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Serf

I have a gas grill (Fire Magic 700 series with infared burner), Fire Magic 2 burner, Medium Green Egg and now the topper....a pizza oven. All have their uses.

Unfortunately the pizza ove is a month or so away and until I move I am not using anything.....in transisition.