Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Travel

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Im heading bush, I wont have time to go outback again so Im going nearback.

What a great adventure and I loved the pictures. Glad your on the mend.

The GIANT Koala is cute and gave me a little chuckle. I would put it in my front yard just for the fun of it.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Im heading bush, I wont have time to go outback again so Im going nearback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
The GIANT Koala is cute and gave me a little chuckle. I would put it in my front yard just for the fun of it.
They have been trying to sell the whole venture for years, you could probably get it for a packet of biscuits and a used newspaper......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Al, maybe next time you guys will go to a DSW workshop to round out the trip! Did you get Bruce's contact information?

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Apprentice

Hi Al,
Sorry to hear you were a bit crook on your trip. The Burra area is a fantastic part of SA. The Cornish miners did an amazing job, the history of the area is very interesting, as well as the countryside.

Burra also has a fantastic bakery, Waters, which have arguably the best Cornish Pastie in Australia.

Also the local butcher has saltbush lamb. This is lamb that has grown in pasture with only salt bush in it. The meat is lean and very tender and tasty.

Absolutely fantastic to roast the leg in the WFO. It is to die for!!

Cheers

Craig

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
The Pirate Captain
Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Master Builder

Interesting trip Al. South Australia has some interesting places. I spent a couple of months exploring the Yorke and Ayre peninsulas and enjoyed it very much. I had a look at Burra and some other places along the way.

I intend to return and spend some more time in some of the more isolated areas but will probably tow a camper-van or similar, last time I camped in a tent and could not camp in some interesting places because it was too rocky for the tent.

The oysters, crabs and lobster from the cold blue water are the best I have found anywhere. Prime.

I hope you have made full recovery. The healing power of Barossa reds is legendary.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 11-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Al, maybe next time you guys will go to a DSW workshop to round out the trip! Did you get Bruce's contact information?
I did get the details thank you, its an interesting thought doing the course to unwind after a hectic coupler of weeks driving with some drystone walling.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
I did get the details thank you, its an interesting thought doing the course to unwind after a hectic coupler of weeks driving with some drystone walling.
Good, hope it works out for you. Building walls is a great way to unwind ...you'll be too tired to be stressed about anything.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin