Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Travel (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f32/)
-   -   Christmas Vacation? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f32/christmas-vacation-2708.html)

james 10-04-2007 10:25 PM

Christmas Vacation?

It's that time of year.

What are you booking for Christmas vacation this year? Are you traveling, or staying home? Turkey in your brick oven?

We are traveling to see family, and hotels are starting to be harder to find. Still, we are already looking forward to our trip.

What is everybody up to?

James

RTflorida 10-04-2007 11:13 PM

Re: Christmas Vacation?

Staying home, going to give a big turkey his due on thanksgiving (in the WFO).

Christmas will be a day Porchetta (first attemp), also from the WFO. With Pizza early on both days (not going to waste the high heat). The turkey is for family - the pizzas will be mine. I'm hoping the Porchetta is so good I wishe I had not made the pizza...wish me luck

RT

christo 10-09-2007 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Starting just before Thanksgiving the lights will start to go up. I added the Big tree last year, don't know what I will add this year.

A few weeks before Christmas will be a vacation trip to NYC to skate in Rockefeller Center (quite funny as I have very floppy ankles), catch a show, and maybe go to the David Letterman show.

Christmas dinner is usually a ham at home - but we may have to opt for the panchetta this year!!!

Christo

Brauma 10-12-2007 10:32 AM

Luckily for me (well all of us) I married a local girl. Her parents are just 10 miles away. When it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas we dont move an inch. All the family comes over here because we have the youngest kids. Works out great, except for the massive mess that I have to clean up afterwards.

asudavew 10-12-2007 11:44 AM

Dave and family will be at home this year.

Last year me, my wife, and our 6 children ran off to watch the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium.... Gosh the family was mad. And so was I after I plunked down $1000 and my boys lost. :(

But it was still a great family trip.

Les 10-12-2007 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We stay at home and the kid's come to visit. My oven won't be done so my wife will be in the kitchen (not that i have a problem with that).

Les...

asudavew 10-12-2007 01:23 PM

"My oven won't be done so my wife will be in the kitchen"

it will be done!

Les 10-12-2007 01:30 PM

Dave did you see my attached picture? That white stuff you see tends to inhibit construction. :(

Les...

Ken524 10-12-2007 01:32 PM

We'll head across town to my in-laws for Christmas morning. Biscuits, fried pork tenderloin, blackberry jam, eggs, sausage and way too many presents...

Later that week our family of 6 and extended family (brothers, sisters, nieces, parents, and a few friends) are doing a 5 day New Year's cruise in the western Caribbean. So far, 17 of us are going.

james 10-12-2007 01:36 PM

Ken,
Your breakfast description reminds me of a cute Christmas skit the kids did at our daughters' school last year in Florence. The basic theme was that everybody had to sit down and eat a multiple course Italian lunch before the kids could open their presents. Hah. Eat your lasagna, then you can have Christmas. :-)
James