Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Are you planning your gardens yet?

Quote:
How about a new pond with herbs around it!
Dave, that is actually very high on my ever-growing list of spring projects (effects of cabin fever!). I've been trying to figure out how to create a pond that would stay clean enough that I might be able to sit with my feet in it on hot days and maybe even use it like a cool version of a 'hot tub' at times. No plants in the water, pea gravel bottom, a really good pump - would that do it or would I need some pool chemicals too?

I guess what I'm really saying is I want a pool but don't want to pay what they cost. Whatever I do, I suppose I really should complete the finish work on my oven first.

Dino, that is funny! You'll be our resident expert since you've got the book and we can all compare notes over the growing season. Can't wait to do a pizza with homegrown veggies and herbs all over it!

Sarah