Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Ya gotta just love Melbourne's weather. (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/ya-gotta-just-love-melbournes-weather-17193.html)

brickie in oz 01-03-2012 07:58 PM

Ya gotta just love Melbourne's weather.

Ya gotta just love Melbourne's weather.

3 days of high 30's with high humidity and today its low to mid 20's and no humidity. :D

Tscarborough 01-04-2012 12:22 PM

Re: Ya gotta just love Melbourne's weather.

We swung from 28 to 74 in 24 hours last week.

david lyons 01-06-2012 02:42 AM

Hi
Can we add C or F to temp readings as a general aid? I'm already in strife for saying I've had a tandoor up to about 1000 deg. and having my son say "so you are melting alloy in it then?

Bloody kids!

Regards

Dave Ly

brickie in oz 01-10-2012 11:04 PM

And today we have had snow on the near by hills.....:D

david s 01-11-2012 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 125581)
And today we have had snow on the near by hills.....:D

This is snow!
We've just returned from Japan and our temp at home here is now 33 C and 60% humidity. A bit of a shock to the system.

brickie in oz 01-11-2012 07:50 PM

Its a vancicle......:D
You can keep the snow..:p

david s 01-11-2012 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27957The Japanese in our little village were kept really busy clearing snow. They are often on the top of their roofs shovelling it off. They never seem to have accidents falling off apparently. We had about 1.5 m fall in the ten days we were there.

GianniFocaccia 01-11-2012 09:39 PM

Wait a minute! Let me get this straight: You left Australia snow to vist the snow in Japan?

brickie in oz 01-11-2012 09:52 PM

David lives in the tropics, we rarely get snow in Oz in summer, unless you live in the southern part and even then its really rare. :p

david s 01-11-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 125636)
David lives in the tropics, we rarely get snow in Oz in summer, unless you live in the southern part and even then its really rare. :p

Actually Al, as a skiing enthusiast I can recall a few occasions when there has been snow on the Aus Alps at Christmas time. Heavy thunderstorms are common around Christmas and hay harvesting was always problematic because of the strong chance of rain spoiling hay bales. I think that is one of the reasons most hay is now harvested in giant circular things which shed water better.
There's no chance of snow here!

GF It was part of a strategy to escape the oppressive tropical heat here for a couple of weeks.