Old 08-07-2009, 03:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: What movie goes best with Pizza?

where can you get an outdoor projctor ?? are they very expensive ?? and what are you building the screen out of ??

Sounds like a great IDEA

Mark
Old 08-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Apprentice

I went to Best Buy and bought an inexpensive LCD projector and hang up a bed sheet as a screen. We bought a blow up screen but it was so noisy all we heard was the fan motor keeping the screen inflated. So, we returned it to Walmart. I use LCD projectors at work for PowerPoints so I am familiar with the hook up. For sound I plug in my guitar amp. It is usually after the pizza part of the evening and my wife makes pop corn for our guests.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Apprentice

Does anyone remeber FATSO...watch this clip Ann Bancroft and Dom Deluise and yes they talk about pizza about 5:58 into the clip. VERY FUNNY!!

YouTube - Fatso - Opening Scene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Master Builder

I have a 2500 lumen projector with good contrast.

Its a Toshiba tdp-xp2 it's working well for us. Cost about $525.

A buddy gave me a really heavy audio amp that was top of the line 20 years ago. I've been careful to pair up speakers to match impedance so I don't blow it up.

We've watched Pirates of the Caribbean ( no pizza there); Fools Gold (no pizza there); Hot Fuzz (no pizza there); Run Fatboy Run (shoulda been pizza there); The BirdCage (no pizza there); National Treasure (no pizza);

For those movies - we took a king size sheet (I bought 20 rejects for halloween decorations last year) and strung it up on the porch.

I've got a 16x9 ft piece of blackout curtain cloth (one piece) and I'm working up a frame for it out of bungee cords and electrical conduit.

Since we are down south - it gets dark pretty early so the projector works really well. We did a test against the garage door and it's gonna be so cool.

The ressurrected popcorn popper from the convenience store is working well - so between that and pizza we will be well covered.

I'll send pics when the big screen is in place.

Christo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by christo; 08-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Laborer

The State of California is having a "garage sale" this month, to try and make some money (honest!). They have 53 projectors available. See Items - Great California Garage Sale for details.