Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Weather in Thunder Bay (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/weather-thunder-bay-1500.html)

Versachi 02-03-2007 03:43 PM

Weather in Thunder Bay

City of Thunder Bay
3:41 PM EST Saturday 3 February 2007
Wind chill warning for
City of Thunder Bay continued

Extreme wind chill values for tonight and Sunday morning.

This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

All snowsqualls have shifted southwards out of the regions.

A very cold Arctic airmass has settled over northwestern Ontario. Combined with winds up to 15 km/h this will result in wind chill values in the minus 40 to minus 47 range for most of Northern Ontario tonight and Sunday morning.

christo 02-04-2007 04:28 AM

Re: Weather in Thunder Bay

Yikes that sounds cold.

It's really cold here as well. We'll only get up to postive 42 F today.....

CanuckJim 02-04-2007 05:17 AM

Versachi,

Well, the good news is that the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so we're almost out of it? I'm feeling lucky in southern Ontario, only -15 overnight, with high winds that blew out the pilot light on my water heater. Firing now for ciabatta later. BRRRR.

Jim

CanuckJim 02-04-2007 06:13 AM

All,

Nothing about the weather, again. I suppose that many of us cast our lines pretty far looking for recipes of all kinds, and the net lets us go global. Problem is, sometimes I at least get caught up in weight conversions that can deliver ready made mistakes when going from metric to imperial or vice versa. Here's a site for the math challenged out there: weight conversion - kilograms, pounds, grams, ounzes @ metric conversions . org. Just found it, and it's already saved my skin.

Jim

jengineer 02-05-2007 08:10 AM

Brrrr - that is cold So you don't do baking in the skivvies eh?

Seems like you need a Hogan's Hero Solution to get from the house to the oven. Oh bummer forgot about that high water table. Maybe the Bridges of Ontario.

Coversions are always a stumbling block especially when one part of the world measure bas mass and another uses force. I have been using a program by Josh for the last 10 or so years. I put an Icon on my window that launches the program quickly. Convert @ joshmadison.com

DrakeRemoray 02-05-2007 10:37 AM

We finally had a break in the weather in Denver (we have had tons of snow and no warm weather to melt it), it got up to 50 degrees so I fired and baked some sourdough (using the new mixer as well). Very satifsying. It did take an extra 15-20 mins to get the dome white. I suspect because it has been so cold...

james 02-05-2007 05:33 PM

We have travelled from Florence (30s), to DC (20s) to Monterey, CA (hit 70 yesterday). That's a shock to the system.
James

jengineer 02-06-2007 09:17 AM

not to mention jet lag, dehydaration and tons of mail