Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Tuscan Grill (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/tuscan-grill-18261.html)

That's Amore 08-23-2012 11:09 AM

Tuscan Grill

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tuscan Grill should be seasoned before use?

I know that I always oil up my grill before I BBQ but with cast iron i think it should be seasoned.

Anyone please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

texman 08-23-2012 03:15 PM

Re: Tuscan Grill

Alot of the cast iron is pre-seasoned, as they call it. I would still spray some olive oil or cooking oil and get her hot to be sure. The seasoning builds from the foods you cook on it so don't wash it too good or you will might remove some of the coating that you are trying to get that will build up over time. sounds kinda nasty, but keep the grill somewhere so dirt wont stick to it and the heat and fats will take care of the rest. HTH
Texman

That's Amore 08-23-2012 05:20 PM

Kinda thought so, thanks for the advice, I will put lots of good flavors on that grill.

Cheers,

trapper 08-24-2012 08:26 AM

Hey J. P.

Where did you get your Tuscan grill from the net or in Sudbury?

Your ol buddy from the crushing plant.:D

That's Amore 08-24-2012 09:48 AM

Hey D.L the crushing Plant Buddy Lol.

I bought it in Barry Lions head 369 Mapleveiw West. It cost 60 bucks and is awsome. I also bought all the forno bravo oven tools aswell. All in all I droped about 600 bucks.

Cheers,

JoeyOz 09-19-2012 04:20 PM

should you be concerned about oil/grease/fat dripping from a tuscan grill through the coals to the wfo floor at all?

was told not to try and not allow any liquid, including water, get on the floor of the pizza oven.

jeeppiper 09-20-2012 04:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tuscan Grill is fantastic. I seasoned mine with shortening., but Im sure it will season itself over time. Like Texman said, just coat with some olive oil before each use.

I wouldn't worry about getting small amounts of liquids on floor (as long as the oven is hot). They will evaporate immediately. Drippings from steaks get cooked away. You want to avoid liquids when floor is cold and the moisture can soak into bricks.

texman 09-20-2012 07:51 AM

Man that looks GOOD!:D i can almost smell those steaks.

That's Amore 09-21-2012 02:14 PM

Hey Joey Oz, JeepPiper has it covered and I just did steaks the other day totaly awsome. There are some oil or jjuice stains but the next time I do Pizza that will get burnt off.

Cheers

REE REE B 09-21-2012 04:26 PM

I think a seasoning of olive oil would be great and make the food taste delish as well