Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Tuscan Grill

Tuscan Grill? You just might have the best ever, sitting next to your oven? Those of you who have a gas bbq, (especially an older one) will have a well seasoned cast iron grill and griddle. If you do, your Tuscan can be better than anything you can buy, because it adjustable. Using one fire brick under each side of the grill and you cook with the radiated heat from the floor and reflected heat from the roof. If you stack the bricks two or three high, its in an ideal smoke saturated zone for slow smoking(great for turkey, pastrami, pulled pork, brisket, venison, wild boar). Boy I just love my WFO, glad I didn't have one in my 20's or I'll be as fat as a blood filled tick.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Peasant

You are correct, I could have used the BBQ grill but when I went to purchase all my pizza tools I seen the grill and could not resist not buying it. So I have to agree with you on the fact that I to am glad that I didn't have my oven in my 20's, its only been 3 yrs and I aready over weight. LOL

Cheers,
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I made two Tuscan grills out to the grates off of a BBQ grill that a neighbor was tossing out.

I cut two of the bars off of one of them so they nest for storage.

And yes it is fall here as evidenced by the leaves on the patio.

Chip
Attached Thumbnails
Tuscan Grill-img_1365.jpg   Tuscan Grill-img_1367.jpg  

Last edited by mrchipster; 10-01-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

They look great, Chip.
I've got two of my own that I was planning on setting on bricks. I like the idea of permenant legs. From what kind of stock did you make the attachments for the bolts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gulf; 10-01-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
They look great, Chip.
I've got two of my own that I was planning on setting on bricks. I like the idea of permenant legs. From what kind of stock did you make the attachments for the bolts?
They are a rectangular nut that i got in a box of stuff I picked up at an auction when purchasing some shelving, the shelving came with misc. contents.

They jam into the slot of the grate perfectly.

I could send you some if you would like I have several. They are about .625 X 1 and .375 thick.

send me a private message if you are interested. on the bottom is just a large washer and nut.

Chip
Attached Thumbnails
Tuscan Grill-img_1368.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
They look great, Chip.
Hi Gulf,

Please try your with bricks a few times before mounting legs, its much more versatile than permanent legs especially if you do a verity of cooking.(grilling, slow cooking, smoking.)Plus storage is easy and less space consuming.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Chip, the PM has been sent .
I am tired of fabricating .

Old 10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I made one the same, about 4 years ago, from an old BBQ grill, but I didn't need to use any fancy nuts, just a nut each side of the grill works ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Tuscan Grill-pa020038.jpg   Tuscan Grill-pa020039.jpg   Tuscan Grill-pa020040.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
I made one the same, about 4 years ago, from an old BBQ grill, but I didn't need to use any fancy nuts, just a nut each side of the grill works ok.
They look great too, David .
But, Chip's nuts are recessed and out of the way............... Sort of like mine,.....in cold weather .

Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Master Builder

Gulf,

Be careful! I was served with a warning a few days ago for making, what I imagined being an innocent joke.