Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Swamp people (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/swamp-people-17864.html)

wotavidone 06-07-2012 06:15 AM

Swamp people

Any Lousiana Cajuns on the forum?
I've been watching Swamp People. I love that show. "Shoot im liddibet, shootim" has become a very common saying here in the arid lands.:D
I'd sure like to see how it would go if they came over here fishing for the big saltwater crocodiles.
(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.

Lburou 06-07-2012 06:24 AM

Re: Swamp people

Quote:

Originally Posted by wotavidone (Post 132765)
....(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.

And, bigger *^?))s*

Gulf 06-07-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wotavidone (Post 132765)
Any Lousiana Cajuns on the forum?
I've been watching Swamp People. I love that show. "Shoot im liddibet, shootim" has become a very common saying here in the arid lands.:D
I'd sure like to see how it would go if they came over here fishing for the big saltwater crocodiles.
(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.

I'm not AKC registered (only 25%), and not from South Louisiana (my mamma jo {grandmother) was but, I am just wondering. Do ya'll eat crocodiles :D.

Bacterium 06-08-2012 01:10 AM

Yep a bit dry tho

nissanneill 06-08-2012 03:29 AM

And their hides make great leather products!

Gulf 06-08-2012 04:30 PM

AKC registered is just a joke. American Kennel Club :D. Coonass is a local term for a cajun which is slang for French Acadian. It can be a good or bad term. I think it started out pretty much derogatory though. Some cajuns are proud to be called a coonass. Some ain't. It's kind of like some of us rednecks :). As for as an outsider using the term it just depends on who you are talking to, how you say it, and how well you are accepted by them.

OzOvenBuilder 06-12-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wotavidone (Post 133013)
I've decided that maybe I'm watching this show just a bit too much. On the weekend, I was looking for my youngest son, and I called out "Boy, where you at?"
So far South I could see penguins.:)

:D .....hahaha love it! and as for the bogan description, leave my mullet out of this thread thanks very much!! ;)

Bacterium 06-13-2012 01:05 AM

Yeah we have a mullet down here that comes from The Coorong, its great fresh - fried or smoked.

Also there is a a 3rd kind of mullet....... a "blind mullet"......... Aka a #2 :eek:

Poetryart 06-19-2012 12:44 PM

Around east Texas a mullet is a haircut worn by rednecks. It's short in the front and long in the back. The phrase is that it's " business up front and party in the back". ! Lol.
Shelley
I had no idea that swamp people aired in Australia. A friend of mine is staring in a new show about " noodling". They start filming in a couple weeks. It will be on Animal Planet. Do they do that down under? Really odd way to fish!

Gulf 10-10-2012 01:54 AM

Here it is Wotavidone,

Outback Hunters

Sorry about the post and delete. It was one of my P.U.I.'s :o. I had second thoughts about the wording after a couple of days with no responses :D.