Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Swamp people

Thank's Wotavidone,
The deletion was a D.U.I. .

Quote:
I gotta check this trailer out, but I reckon it can't be as good as swamp people.
I'm not so sure about that. The trailor looks pretty interesting to me. From what I have seen of the History Channel's production of Swamp People, I do believe that they will have another hit, as far as intertainement goes. We just have to remember that with TV ratings: it doesn't have to be true, it just has to be intertesting .

Gator season in Louisanna is only 30 days. It is not as much a "way of life" as the History Channel represents, as it is a way of supplementing an income, or in most cases, a sport.

Quote:
Firearms ownership is viewed with great suspicion
That, I am sorry to hear. Our founding fathers in the US gave us the right to bear arms. Yet, the liberals in the US try unceasingly to strip us of that right, so only that the criminals will have guns.

I hope this doesn't sound cliche', but they will get my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Quote:
The ferals, such as deer, camel, pigs and goats, can be shot legally, but unless you are lucky enough to be in a particular shooting club that gets a chance to help with a cull in a national park, you aren't going to get to do it unless you can strike up a relationship with a private landholder.
Much of the land that I hunted on when I was growing up is now hunting club land. At least I can still hunt the few acres that I have and try to find an unoccupied place in the National Forrest.

This turned into a little bit of a rant . Not a P.U.I.........well,..... maybe a little buzzed .

Keep enjoying the Swamp People, I will also. I am sure that the Hunters of the Outback will be just as intertaining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gulf; 10-11-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: sleeveless
Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wotavidone,
Have you had a chance to check out the trailor yet?

Outback hunters

Old 10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotavidone View Post
Hey I finally got to watch it. Very confusing, especially since, as far as I know, croc huntinmg is illegal in Oz.
That kind of goes along with "my understanding" of the History Channel's production of Swamp People, here in the US........It doesn't have to be true, it just has to be interesting .

But, I still watch it all the same .

Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I saw the 1st episode of Hunters of the Outback last night. It was pretty cool. As far as I can figure out, they can only hunt rogue crocks with a license from the gov.