Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   So cold..... (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/so-cold-15867.html)

brickie in oz 05-09-2011 12:00 AM

So cold.....

So cold.....:eek:

Its dropped to about 13c here and I feel so cold, Im shivering......we have the wood heater going in the lounge room but still.....so cold.....
Ill have to break out the thermal underwear.... :(

david s 05-09-2011 03:18 AM

Re: So cold.....

Yes, It's starting to get cold here too. Our min. temp was down to 21 C today.

jonlovepizza 05-09-2011 04:52 AM

that temp is my summer in ireland never gets to hot . the last time it went above 25 wood of been 1983. we have rain near all year and when sun pops out we get a hose ban..... rain is better than cold anyday::(

Faith In Virginia 05-09-2011 05:58 AM

Just starting to warm up nicely hear. Working on getting the garden in and making plans for the WFO. My WFO is under a tarp and not real weather tight yet so I need to plan my use around the rain. I plan to build a cover soon so that rain will not influence it's use. Stay warm guys.

nissanneill 05-09-2011 03:39 PM

Come on Brickie, where's your fighting spirit?
You and all of us Aussies are spoiled with the meditteranean climate. Go over to the northern US states, Canada or northern Europe and experience the snow and ice.
At least we can use our ovens all year round when they are severely restricted.
It is getting cool over here and I need to think about cutting some wood for the heater if i want a nice warm rumpus room to work in over winter.

Neill

brickie in oz 05-09-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nissanneill (Post 112616)
Come on Brickie, where's your fighting spirit?

At 6.30 in the morning when its 3 degrees C and dark I dont have any... :rolleyes:

Lburou 05-09-2011 03:55 PM

Was 97 F here two days ago :hot again today:

The best weather here is between the summer and winter. Having lived in Wyoming, Montana and Alaska for 50 years, we enjoy the long growing season here in Texas, along with a very mild winter by comparison. But, it can get real hot :)

Are your Australian snakes active in the cold?

brickie in oz 05-09-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lburou (Post 112621)

Are your Australian snakes active in the cold?

Nah only when its warm, even then you hardly see any, I go out metal detecting the old gold fields a lot and rarely see snakes.

jonlovepizza 05-09-2011 04:50 PM

hi brickie how.s things. thats a good life you have there with your heat and your snakes . thank god for st patrick. but think wen he drove out snakes from eira he also took out heat .. plenty snake.s hear now but two legged kind

brickie in oz 05-09-2011 11:33 PM

Australian snakes are some of the most venomous in the world, but..........theres always a but..
They are an ancient type of snake and didnt evolve hollow fangs to deliver the venom where its needed.

Instead they have the older model fang with a groove down the back so have less chance in delivering the venom into the bite site..

Strange but true. :p