Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Rossco's Grande Tour 2010 (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/rosscos-grande-tour-2010-a-12865.html)

heliman 05-07-2010 03:22 AM

Rossco's Grande Tour 2010

1 Attachment(s)
Just setting up an area to post info from the pizza tour of Italy, Corsica, St Tropez, Monaco and Spain - 2010, starting tomorrow.

Eventually found a way to upload images to this forum via iPhone so hopefully I will be able to share some shots of pizza stuff along the way...

egalecki 05-07-2010 06:36 AM

Re: Rossco's Grande Tour 2010

So excited for you! Have a wonderful time!

heliman 05-07-2010 03:30 PM

Thanks Elizabeth - I'm really looking forward to the break!!!

lwood 05-07-2010 04:06 PM

Wow, that sounds wonderful Rossco. Are you doing this on your own or with a tour group? Would love to know who offers a tour like that. Have a great time and send lots of pics.

heliman 05-07-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks lwood...

This is a "self guided" tour. Have done some research on the places we will be visiting so I have some idea of what to expect .. but there is also an an element of sponteneity involved which I also like. Will just arrive in places like Venice and Naples and walk the back streets. One that I will HAVE to see/sample though is Da Michele in Naples, so that has been scheduled in.

From Italy we will be cruising for 7 nights and stopping each day in a new port where we get off and explore the local attractions. Will be on the lookout for woodfired ovens down the back-streets and see where the locals are eating as a cue to a suitable restaurant.

Will try posting along the way and should be able to manage, wireless connections permitting!

lwood 05-08-2010 12:00 AM

Sounds great Rossco, have a great trip and we will be looking forward to your pics and discoveries. We took a cruise last year out of Rome with Costa Cruises and the food was out of this world. Have fun.

heliman 05-08-2010 07:34 AM

Just sitting at Singapore's Changi airport waiting for a connection to London.

Not a WFO in sight so far... sigh... soon!!

heliman 05-09-2010 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spent some time in Rome today - searching desperately for a WFO. Sadly i never found one but managed to get a pleasant margherita (done in an electric oven). Reasonable crust, but paper-thing. Ordered a lasagne to go with it so I didn't starve. Pic attached.

Just busy researching WFOs in Rome to see if anything like that exists. Off to Venice early tomorrow so hopefully better luck in my hunt for the good stuff.

egalecki 05-09-2010 12:42 PM

Don't waste time in venice on pizza. Eat seafood. lots of it. And if you get time, go to torcello- not a lot of people there, but a spectacular view from the top of the church tower if it's not hazy. If it's hazy, then skip it, you won't see much.

heliman 05-09-2010 12:48 PM

Sounds good - thanks for the tip. I am quite partial to seafood!