Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Private messages (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/private-messages-4241.html)

asudavew 06-07-2008 08:39 AM

Private messages

Is it possible to increase the space for private messages?

My inbox is full, but I like to keep old messages.

And I'm not against paying for extra space.

How bout it James?

What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks

Dave

Ken524 06-07-2008 07:34 PM

Re: Private messages

I find that I have to weed out some of the old ones as well. Hey Dave, maybe we need to quit messaging each other! :)

asudavew 06-07-2008 08:41 PM

true dat
Ken

Frances 06-08-2008 02:20 AM

Your right you know! ;)

Just tried to send you a private message, to help clutter you inbox up a bit more... but it won't go through :(

asudavew 06-08-2008 09:08 AM

I guess I have some clearing to do!

:D

james 06-09-2008 10:20 AM

Hey Dave,

I just doubled the limit on Private Messages to 100. Do you think that will do it?

James

Les 06-09-2008 10:46 AM

How hard would it be to enable us to save it to our drives? Another solution would be for us to email it to our personal email address. Both would save you server space (not that it would emount to squat compared to the photos)

Les...

asudavew 06-09-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 34609)
Hey Dave,

I just doubled the limit on Private Messages to 100. Do you think that will do it?

James

Thanks James!

That should be plenty.

asudavew 06-09-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 34616)
How hard would it be to enable us to save it to our drives? Another solution would be for us to email it to our personal email address. Both would save you server space (not that it would emount to squat compared to the photos)

Les...

Good idear Les...

Archena 06-14-2008 06:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Um, fellas, ya do know you can already download them to your computer, right? Attachment 7491

Er, guess not. Attachment 7492

Okay, kidding aside, here's how it's done:

1) Go to your private messages

2) Scroll down to the bottom of the page

3) Select the little bar on the right hand side. It will give you a menu. This is what it looks like:

Attachment 7493

4) Select "Download as Text" (unless you're geek enough to want one of the other options - in which case you probably don't need me to explain this and are just reading this to laugh at me... :( )

5) A box will pop up asking what program you want to open the thing. Select MS Word or whatever WP you have. Trust me on this - it's a pain to read in Notepad which is the default so you really want to make sure it opens in the word processor.

6) It'll open the file - all you gotta do then is save it.