Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Okay, Someone has to ask...

It is a good way to network - and to promote. That's why so many businesses have their own pages.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
How many of us have Facebook ? Can anyone here tell me how to link to this,

If anyone would like you can search for my name "Mark Haemmerle" and I would be happy to add you as a friend

Mark
The link you posted earlier works. I'll go make a friend request.

Edit: Well, it did until you removed it. Good thing I'd tried it earlier - I would hate to be turned down as a friend by the dog! (Search your name and you'll see what I mean!)

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Archena; 09-07-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I think you could definitely reach a lot more people with a Facebook group. You could post the videos there, link to the forum, show some completed ovens, make announcements about new product.....

You do probably want to sign up yourself first, and then do some exploring. I'm now in touch with a lot of old friends I'd lost touch with from high school! (They're all very impressed with my oven, btw. They'd probably sign up!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Step 1. I joined! I really have to admit that this all makes so much sense. It feels as though I should have thought of this a long time ago.

I will take some time looking around and getting comfortable, and then I will set up a Forno Bravo group. We are always looking for now converts! :-)

I am signed in as James Bairey -- send me invites.

Thanks again guys (and girls).

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I signed up for facebook a couple of months ago... its ok, but the problem is, I already spend so much computer time hanging out at Forno Bravo, I really don't need MORE things to keep up with on the internet!

How about flikr then? Couple of people were very interested in a picture of my oven I psted there, so of course I added a link.... maybe a group with pictures of finished FB pizza ovens could also be a good idea?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
I really don't need MORE things to keep up with on the internet!
I agree Frances... James definitely shouldn't create another "message board" type setting on FB. He should use it as a tease to drive people here.

A good example is the "official" US Virgin Islands page:US Virgin Islands | Facebook

Many of the links they have are articles on the real USVI gov't website.

Another excellent example: The official Disney World page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneyworld/65077622844

Disney makes teaser posts on their Facebook page with links to their website.

Updated!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Um, James, did you join Facebook or LinkedIn? The Facebook web search finds you in LinkedIn but not Facebook.

[/CENTER]
Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Master Builder

OK, this thread has managed to make me feel REALLY OLD!!

At any rate, I too am on the other FB - I joined last year as a way to sort of keep tabs on the kids.

(FYI for parents: if you make them add you as a 'friend' - with FULL viewing privileges - then you can be sure they aren't posting the dumb stuff, which kids often do, that can come back to bite them later - they can still maintain privacy in wall posts & inbox messages. Mine are really good kids and old enough to know what not to do but I've still caught a few things I made them correct.)

I now really enjoy using it to connect with people other than my kids but find that a lot of friends my age just aren't on it. I think they don't realize what they could be doing with it or they'd be there. I agree with Archena and everyone else - it's a great networking tool, both socially and commercially.

Can't wait to see an FB presence on Facebook!

(PS - just started blogging too.)
Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Journeyman

I just joined the Forno Bravo Group on Facebook. James has it up and running.

Joe
Old 09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Joe,

Yep. I'm trying the Go Slow approach to make sure I get it right, but we up and running.

I am excited to see how it goes. Once we get a few miles on the system and it's looking good, we will start to actively promote the site.

Let me know what you think!
James