Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Nice knockers (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/nice-knockers-3865.html)

Xabia Jim 04-23-2008 12:43 PM

Nice knockers

This is my 999th post. I think I'm done here for awhile. You all have been a great source of inspiration to me, and a great pass-time over the last 18months. I think I'm done posting till I have the pizzaiolo skills with the oven to claim the name implied with the title. Ciao a tutti! Boun appetito! Buona fortuna!

.... I'm now a serf seeking the master builder skills to do my "portable" in Mishigame....

Adios Amigos

And, I'll save the great pictures of those nice knockers 'till I'm back with my Spanish Oven......here or there:) :)

may the Paella gods be with you;)

Frances 04-23-2008 01:00 PM

Re: Nice knockers

Jim, make sure you practice those pizza skills and come back again, d'you hear? The forum won't seem the same without your posts....

PizzaPolice 04-23-2008 04:36 PM

.......what the......????????

Somebody said "knockers" so I ducked in here.

Bye Jim,
May the spirit of Warren Zevon be with you.

RTflorida 04-23-2008 04:45 PM

XJ, safe travels to you my friend...try not to be gone so long, some of us greatly enjoy your photos and interesting topics.

PP, an "excitable boy" or a "werewolf from London"???

RT

gjbingham 04-23-2008 06:53 PM

XJ's checked out. I, for one will miss his posts, and tendency to focus on female mammary glands. I think he got weaned a bit too early. :)

Congrats on making it to 1000 posts. Unfortunately, I don't think you won the 5 pack of Caputo flour. Hope to hear from you soon. You're already a pizzaiolo in my book!

Ken524 04-23-2008 07:03 PM

Yo Jim... I enjoyed following your Paella adventures. Come back when you can. Safe travels!

PizzaPolice 04-23-2008 08:29 PM

RT
Warren was on Letterman just before he passed away. When asked what advice he could offer, Mr. Zevon said ..enjoy every sandwich.
Way cool.

And with that, fellas, I become an apprentice.

gjbingham 04-23-2008 11:08 PM

Good find PizzaPo! Warren lived in his own world, huh? Perhaps our dear departed XJ understood completely. Simple, yet all encompassing. (?) It leaves my little mind wondering what exactly he meant. The obvious, or something much deeper. Coming from Warren Zevon, that does not completely surprise me.

Frances 05-17-2008 01:46 AM

Dug up this one for my 1000th post...

Phew, how did that happen???

Oh hey, its appropriate: I got the dough so I could toss it instead of streching iton the table for the first time yesterday! Of course I'm a pizzaiolo (pizzaiola?) now!!

SpringJim 05-17-2008 04:11 AM

Congratulations Frances....I'll dig out that photo of the nice knocks and post is especially for you :D

keep the home fires burning

SJ/XJ ;)