Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   new members (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/new-members-3777.html)

Xabia Jim 04-10-2008 10:15 AM

new members

Threads: 3,322, Posts: 28,557, Members: 3,800

This post marks a line in the sand....just curious how fast the FB group is growing.

Xabia Jim 04-19-2008 11:53 PM

Re: new members

3850 today .....

but looking at the various polls and post ativity, it seems only a few remain active for very long....maybe 1%?

Frances 04-20-2008 02:37 AM

Jim, you changed your location again! And here was me looking forward to endless here and there jokes....

Good question, I've also been wondering what makes people hang out in the forum, or leave it again after only a few posts. Maybe there are a lot of people who are active as long as they're building an oven, but loose interest afterwards - or maybe feel they haven't got as much to contribute anymore.

I don't know if I would have started to spend so much time here for so long if I hadn't had to interrupt my oven build for the winter... and then got into the habit of posting various silly comments on any subject that turns up.

Still, if all 3850 registered members were as active as some of the people here... it'd make for a rather unwieldy forum, right? Rather a lot to read on a daily basis...

Frances 04-21-2008 01:58 AM

Hey look at that! Another 7 people just joined during the night!

Ed_ 04-22-2008 06:54 AM

I bet a lot of people never even post. There's a lot of access restrictions if you're not registered (e.g. you can't see photo attachments), so there's some incentive to register even if you don't contribute.

Then again, here I am spouting off about something that's pure conjecture, so I guess some people get sucked in. :D

gjbingham 04-24-2008 08:51 PM

Welcome to SpringJim. Pizziaolo extraordinaire! :D Not a difficult hat to wear, once you try it on.

Les 04-24-2008 09:13 PM

It seems to be growing quite fast - I agree with Frances, if everybody posted every day; damn, how could we plow through it? I give people the link to see some of my pic's - they register for that purpose and then they are gone.
Could explain a little bit of the numbers. But at the end of the day, I'm trying to give them religion - worship the oven. :)

Les...

SpringJim 04-25-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frances (Post 30103)
Jim, you changed your location again! And here was me looking forward to endless here and there jokes....

Good question, I've also been wondering what makes people hang out in the forum, or leave it again after only a few posts. Maybe there are a lot of people who are active as long as they're building an oven, but loose interest afterwards - or maybe feel they haven't got as much to contribute anymore.

I don't know if I would have started to spend so much time here for so long if I hadn't had to interrupt my oven build for the winter... and then got into the habit of posting various silly comments on any subject that turns up.

Still, if all 3850 registered members were as active as some of the people here... it'd make for a rather unwieldy forum, right? Rather a lot to read on a daily basis...

Spring Midlife Crisis I guess....new name, new location, new aspirations...

I recently learned that you need at least one post to view pictures...and at least two posts to be able to add a link....so certainly a lot of people would join and post a couple of times just to get to view the pictures...

but there are also a lot of people who view and don't post....they are bigger than the core constituency......the lurking constituency.......

Jim

Threads: 3,431, Posts: 29,913, Members: 3,900

gjbingham 04-25-2008 10:25 AM

Lurkers are better than stalkers anyday. ;)

mfiore 04-25-2008 10:32 AM

Don't you need to join in order to download the free Pompeii plans? Perhaps many are just doing that.