Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: A Memorial to Hendo - Paul Henderson

Neill
Yes I think it is well worded also...could possibly add the mo****r and make it Paul "Hendo" Henderson
Dutch
Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A fire in his heart.
Remember.
A dream.
Remember
Life at its fullest.
Remember.

Bring on the wood.
Bring on the friends.
Bring on the pizza.

Remember

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 04-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: A Memorial to Hendo - Paul Henderson

James,
on my visit out to Paul's place last Wednesday, I saw palettes of bricks, a large box containing the superwool blanket, his european deep fryer (which his wife Margaret is not keen on including in the build), and most other materials needed for the completion. He already has around 3 tons of seasoned wood for firing his dream. All of the electrical wiring has been laid, the water and gas pipes terminated at the bench area, the slate flooring and roof completed, all that remains is the brick wall, oven closure , granite benchtops, splashback and painting.
I will be putting the bite on Bacterium to finish the electrical (sorry Damon if you are reading this before I contact you)
Margaret was collecting 2 glass bricks for the wall on her trip into Adelaide, while the supplier of the required remaining materials has said in respect for Paul that he will honour his quotes, no matter how late we buy.
I am willing to foot the bill to have the plaque made, (I can do the artwork and film at home, a close friend will supply the polymer plate for the pattern), and a local foundry will cast the plaque. I will finish it and polish then mount it in a prominent location iin readiness for the first cook up.
I don't believe that we need to hold our hand out with paypal donations as everything is well under control and most already exists. Remember that it was Paul who planned his dream and it was Paul who arranged everything excepting the finishing touches.

Jim,
the apostrophy in it's is to indicate possession, ie. the members belong to Fornobravo but I will check with others more qualified to know than I.

Dutch,
"could possibly add the mo****r and make it Paul "Hendo" Henderson" what do you mean? I have included (Hendo) but am unsure of your thoughts! See the .pdf file attached.

Neill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Paul's plaque.pdf (5.2 KB, 216 views)

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Master Builder

Neill
I was going by this post and was referring to his forum name "Hendo" which I see now that you have added...unfortunately I did not see the pdf...I think it looks great and I only wish I could be there to lend a hand somehow
Best
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanneill View Post
Hi all.
I have been thinking about the wording for the intended plaque for Pauls oven and have come up with 'draft 1'
Consider it and please feel free to comment as I would like it to be most appropriate for the occasion.
Obviously the date will change for the inaugural first cook-up to 'officially launch' the area.

This oven and outdoor kitchen
is dedicated to
PAUL HENDERSON
through his inspiration from the
Forno Bravo Forum
and itís members.
June 2008.

Neill
Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Thanks again Neill for taking so much on.
James