Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   How's your Spring shaping up? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/hows-your-spring-shaping-up-3658.html)

gjbingham 03-29-2008 11:41 AM

How's your Spring shaping up?

1 Attachment(s)
How's your Spring shaping up? Wierd weather around here! This was last night at bedtime.

Heck with Spring! I think I'm ready for Summer!

james 03-29-2008 11:58 AM

Re: How's your Spring shaping up?

We haven't seen the 60's yet. :eek: I'm not sure I can tell March from February. Right now, I'm waiting for a nice sunny day to take a photo of our outdoor kitchen for the new FB brochure. 65F and sunny would be nice. :-)

James

Xabia Jim 03-29-2008 11:30 PM

Why I'm not in Michigan yet...

"Well, it is not exactly good boating on the Great Lakes yet.....there has been rough going on northern Lake Michigan as the commercial shipping season has re-commenced for the year. In the last several days, two 1,000 foot ships have come into port with damaged hulls from ramming through heavy ice conditions on northern Lake Michigan. Both are laid up for repairs. I read this morning of a 634 foot laker which was stuck in the ice in Lake Michigan. A 767 foot ship trying to free it inadvertently rammed it causing damaged to both ships. Ah, for the good old days of global warming."

Frances 03-30-2008 08:52 AM

I found myself humming christmas songs the other day. The only way we'd ever get a white Christmas around here is if we switched it to easter....

That said, this weekend was beautiful! Eating outside (Pizza, what else?) walking around barefoot, getting all the garden furniture out and cleaning it. More rain due tomorrow though :(

Acoma 03-30-2008 02:37 PM

Spring is COLD today. Cold month too. We decided to play spring by getting materials for a raised garden bed. I figure if it gets assembled over the next week, and we plant herbs and vege's that nature will get a hint, I repeat, HINT:)

CanuckJim 03-31-2008 07:21 AM

Seems like weird weather is the norm in North America this year. Held my first bread baking workshop this weekend, and both days were in the -5 C range, windy and not nice. Lots of snow and ice. Today, it's raining and the high expected is +10 C. By Wednesday, we'll be up to +15 C, but that's the cruel part. We are definitely not finished with winter just yet.

Jim

gjbingham 03-31-2008 07:43 AM

Misery loves company. Except for Frances, sounds like there's still some suffering going on out there.

The Texans here are being polite. I think they're having exceptional weather.

Acoma 03-31-2008 08:42 AM

George, you're right. I think the Australians are being nice too. Wow, we need to remember this.

vincent 04-05-2008 06:03 AM

It's spring?????????????????? :eek: I hadn't noticed

Frances 04-05-2008 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some pear blossoms for all the of the springtime-challenged among us.

I would have posted the apricot blossom, but its already too late in the season for that... :D