Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   How many people own WFOs (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/how-many-people-own-wfos-12932.html)

mrgweeto 05-14-2010 06:30 AM

How many people own WFOs

I have been folowing FornoBravo for about a year now and built an oven from scratch thanks to all the info I got from the the people on the websites forum which I am a part of. The question that I have is probably tough to answer but how many people do you figure own, whether they bought a kt or built from sctatch, WFOs in the US.
Guy G.

Frances 05-14-2010 07:42 AM

Re: How many people own WFOs

Why only the US?
I'd like to know how many WFO have been built worldwide (kit or from scratch) because of this site... anybody been counting?

mrgweeto 05-14-2010 08:03 AM

Actually I would also like to know how many outside the US as well. I'm sure it is easier to come up with a rough figure based on kits but a lot harder based on builiding from scratch without the aid of kits or prefab.

fxpose 05-14-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frances (Post 89533)
I'd like to know how many WFO have been built worldwide (kit or from scratch) because of this site... anybody been counting?

Well, I'm currently building an oven because of this site. A year ago I would have never imagined owning a WFO...

kebwi 05-14-2010 12:15 PM

I smell a "poll" thread in the near future.

mrgweeto 05-14-2010 01:11 PM

All we would need is to start, ie an sheet that would automatically sum and make it available in this site for anyone and everyone to sign if they want.

david s 05-14-2010 01:26 PM

There would be no way of knowing how many oven owners there are who do not visit this site. Presumably most of those who do have built an oven so what is the member count?

mrgweeto 05-14-2010 01:34 PM

I e-mailed FB to see what that member count is but have not heard. I know there is a large amount that have built ovens way before FB was even in existance or without knowing they existed. It would be interesting to know non-the-less. Still think that there is a hugh number that are enjoying cooking in their WFOs.
G

hornofan 05-14-2010 02:42 PM

New Mexico:

I built a full Alan Scott in Central NM two years. Was helped by a wonderful person in Albq.

The NM count is up to two !! Hahaha

nissanneill 05-15-2010 02:51 AM

It is simple to find the forum member count, it is on display in the forum window.
Just copied tonight's member numbers

Threads: 8,157, Posts: 78,870, Members: 11,235

Cheers
Neill