Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikku View Post
now i am beginning to appreciate a well built vehicle--specially when new ones cost so much.

Fuel consumption is a major concern when diesel sells for $5.20/gal and regular at $5.90/gal. So low maintenance, long lasting vehicles are appreciated.
+1

How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.-2000-dually.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Master Builder

Stonecutter, nice pic of your F350 Ford Dually, Last Ford I had was E-350 with largest V-8 they made, dual fuel tanks, think it was something like a 7.8 liter (460cu in) don't remember if it were turbo or not? I used it for work--fully loaded with tools; left the tools in when I drove to car shows and pulled a car carrier behind with sports car inside. Still could pass most vehicles on the road in that configuration. But had to still fill it once a week! With the price of gas, it bit too deep into the pocket book! Last contractor I worked for assigned a 4WD F250 for my work truck. Thing squatted when you put a minor load in back and practically needed a ladder to get into the truck. Plenty of room for a fat ass like me and other healthy young workers tipping 260# each. But I needed hauling capacity not sofa comfort! Ford is still a good truck--but they should take some of the "puff out of the styling" and put more muscle into the 1/2T models that used to be the backbone on construction jobs.. Now you have to buy oversize just to get minimum results! How is the fuel economy?

How's the weather where you are? Raining today here so fiddling around inside to keep from getting cabin fever!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Nice.....
I just updated the headlights on mine (2002 f250), long over due mind.

Im also waiting on some laser cut parts to make a HD bumper, I designed it on Turbocad and if it all works out ok with the angles etc Ill make a roo bar to sit on top of it.
Attached Thumbnails
How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.-img_1001.jpg   How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.-front-bumper-f250-version-2.jpg  
stonecutter likes this.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 12-09-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just to bring the thread back to batteries, here is my ride, you can have your V8's. The future is in electric vehicles.Mine is powered by a hub motor (no transmission) and 48 v of lithium iron batteries. I have regenerative braking and cruise control too. Sits me on 47km/hr without pedalling, had to fit a custom 56 tooth front chainring. Range around 30 km. Took me many hours to build and as you can see still not completed. Superb to ride, the long wheelbase is excellent at high speed.
Attached Thumbnails
How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.-p1010457.jpg  
TropicalCoasting likes this.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:06 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Just to bring the thread back to batteries, here is my ride, you can have your V8's. The future is in electric vehicles.Mine is powered by a hub motor (no transmission) and 48 v of lithium iron batteries. I have regenerative braking and cruise control too. Sits me on 47km/hr without pedalling, had to fit a custom 56 tooth front chainring. Range around 30 km. Took me many hours to build and as you can see still not completed. Superb to ride, the long wheelbase is excellent at high speed.
Don't know if battery powered electric is the future.

I would like to see the required battery pack for an 18 wheeler and its cost over a 500,000 mile or more vehicle lifetime!

Finding a method for wireless transmission of electricity (like radio signals)- but over horizons for extremely long distances. Then I think you would be on the right track.

Now electric generation is located near populated areas because of the cost of transmission. Many times, it puts the population at risk, because of the type of generation. The sun has produced all our sources of fuel that we are presently using (maybe with the exception of nuclear). We have to harness what is free for the taking while we still can.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:31 AM
Journeyman

The thing that will hold electric back is peak lithium will kick in alongside peak oil.
Electric bikes will be a good transition for some though.
Goat carts are the future
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Why not have the women pull the carts?

Check this out. Charge it from your roof top panels.

How A Tesla Is Made on Devour.com
Old 12-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sorry, I should also have added this.
Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles
Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Just to bring the thread back to batteries, here is my ride, you can have your V8's. The future is in electric vehicles.
Neat ride David, but I don't think that will out pull my diesel. Electric vehicles won't be the future for contractors anytime in the near future, unless a lot of things change.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 12-10-2013, 04:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikku View Post
Stonecutter, nice pic of your F350 Ford Dually, Last Ford I had was E-350 with largest V-8 they made, dual fuel tanks, think it was something like a 7.8 liter (460cu in) don't remember if it were turbo or not? I used it for work--fully loaded with tools; left the tools in when I drove to car shows and pulled a car carrier behind with sports car inside. Still could pass most vehicles on the road in that configuration. But had to still fill it once a week! With the price of gas, it bit too deep into the pocket book! Last contractor I worked for assigned a 4WD F250 for my work truck. Thing squatted when you put a minor load in back and practically needed a ladder to get into the truck. Plenty of room for a fat ass like me and other healthy young workers tipping 260# each. But I needed hauling capacity not sofa comfort! Ford is still a good truck--but they should take some of the "puff out of the styling" and put more muscle into the 1/2T models that used to be the backbone on construction jobs.. Now you have to buy oversize just to get minimum results! How is the fuel economy?

How's the weather where you are? Raining today here so fiddling around inside to keep from getting cabin fever!
460cu is 7.5...a beast. Thirsty too! No turbo in the gassers.

I have the 7.3 turbo diesel...the last one with forged rods. It's hard to say exactly what mileage I get, routes, travel conditions and fuel quality vary. Guesstimate would be 14-16 city and 18-20+ highway...based on some consistencies. Not bad for something with a GVWR of 11200. Lots of upgrades - '08 mirrors, 4" turbo back exhaust, gauges, 6 position chip, performance air intake, upgraded tranny and torque converter.

Since Dave likes electric....I should mention I have two gold top dura last batteries and a 200 amp alternator.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin