Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

For that matter, a well placed wack with a hammer eliminates the need for a chisel.
cobblerdave likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
You see those Italian made professional ovens used in pizza places.
Not many fancy cuts in those . Probably not cost effective in time and tools.
Recon a lot of these one off builders produce a truly amazing product because thier own labor and time is worth nothing to them to gain the finished product.
And they get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction doing it, cost blow outs over time work has no meaning to the end result.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 12-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Laborer

A constant activity over a life time in the building industry has been explaining to Clients the different criteria between a commercial standard and what a reasonably skilled person can achieve without the constraints of cost or time
cobblerdave likes this.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Master Builder

Over the last 10 years, I have gone through a bunch of NiCad 12V rechargeable batteries. Somehow never venturing to disassemble one to see what the inside looks like. Yesterday, I took one apart and was amazed to see all the little cells. I can imagine that not every cell is dead, maybe only one in the chain. But all the main connections are using a spot weld. If you could isolate which cell or cells are dead, the batteries could probably be made useful again. The batteries that I am mentioning do not have any internal circuitry like the Makita one that Brickie showed.

I never seem to get to the point of throwing the batteries away --so there are many by the same manufacturer to get spare parts... Any ideas for making a conductive connection without spot welding? All the battery cases are stainless steel...Don't know if soldering is possible? Probably not!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomulla View Post
A constant activity over a life time in the building industry has been explaining to Clients the different criteria between a commercial standard and what a reasonably skilled person can achieve without the constraints of cost or time
Gudday
And there worse trades ,I recon ... House painter ... Everyone is an expert ... They learnt it in pre school. I can paint.... It's universal ! My local paint store tells me so!
But most only do it once ....the second time ... They get a painter.

Regards Dave

My Build

My Door

Old 12-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
And there worse trades ,I recon ... House painter ... Everyone is an expert ... They learnt it in pre school. I can paint.... It's universal ! My local paint store tells me so!
But most only do it once ....the second time ... They get a painter.

Regards Dave
Not always true. There are perfectionists who will search out the proper way to do things and do it right--exactly by the manufacturers recommendations.

Many times the pro will skip some of the proper sequence just to get the job done quickly and possibly save some money.

Then there are others--who if they hire someone to do some work, will nickel and dime you to death with demands for perfection, but slop through the same work and look for praise for their accomplishments if they do it themselves!

People are so unpredictable, never know what to expect!

Finally, there are those who are obsessed with speed and equate quickness with experience. They get the job done quickly and have more time to look at the crappy work for the rest of their lives!

Amen, anyone else want the podium?