Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Hendo's Absent from our List and very ill (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/hendos-absent-our-list-very-ill-3568.html)

christo 03-20-2008 07:50 AM

Hendo's Absent from our List and very ill

As many of you have noticed, we haven’t heard much from Hendo (Paul Henderson) lately. Here are the details picked from a recent email from Paul’s family.

He has been very ill for several months and is currently in the hospital having undergone emergency surgery. He has had a rare form of cancer for the last fourteen years and has had numerous types of treatment. Unfortunately the disease has taken hold and the prognosis is not good. I don't believe he will ever be in a position to send an email again.

As you can imagine, the family is devastated and are going through a really bad time. They are in the hospital most of the time and have not had time to check his emails.

For those of us that know Paul through his ideas, emails and his posts, I ask that we respect the privacy of his family and use this forum as a way to let he and his family know that we are thinking about him. I’ll pass the URL of this posting to his family. As more details become available or if there is other way to help he and his family, I’ll post updates.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Christo

Xabia Jim 03-20-2008 08:45 AM

Re: Hendo's Absent from our List and very ill

F-ing Cancer....

I can only wish Paul and Family the best with such a challenge.

...a friend here had leukemia last year....this year she's beat it and is again running her charity shop!

Good luck with it Hendo

asudavew 03-20-2008 10:14 AM

Paul and his family will be in my prayers.

Acoma 03-20-2008 11:25 AM

Same here Dave. Let's hope he lives a long, happy life, even with these setbacks.

Ken524 03-20-2008 07:18 PM

Christo,

Thanks for passing this information on to us. I will also keep Paul in my thoughts and prayers.

dusty 03-20-2008 07:42 PM

Hendo,
Very noble to have battled for fourteen years, but this is war! Give 'em hell bud. My thought's and energy are with you.

dusty

Dutchoven 03-20-2008 08:13 PM

Prayer works and we are all praying for you!
Dutch

gjbingham 03-20-2008 08:31 PM

I wish I had words better than those expressed. God speed and remission Hendo. My hopes for a total recovery are with Paul and his family.

nissanneill 03-21-2008 04:33 AM

Christo
thanks for the news, I was not aware of such personal troubles He always seemed fine whenever I contacted him or we met.
I will contact Paul (as he lives the other side of town) and see if I can help finish his project. The least we can do under such circumstances.

Neill

christo 04-09-2008 02:41 PM

Hendo's passing

Dear Team,

It is with much sadness I have to tell you that I recieved word that Hendo (Paul Henderson) passed away peacefully on Friday 4 April. He was a fighter to the end but the chances of successful treatment had diminished.

His brick oven will be finished and will gather family, friends and neighbours on many occasions in the future to enjoy good food and fine wine to celebrate Paul's life which was taken far too soon.

He enjoyed this list and the friendships forged on this list very much.

Thanks for the recent kind words in public and in private. He will be missed.

Christo