Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Hendo's Absent from our List and very ill

Hi again,
the picture displayed in Dmuns input (permalink no. 14) is NOT Paul but his brickie Dallas. Paul was always behind the camera. I cannot find any pics of him in any of his contributions.
If James is in agreeance, I will obtain a suitable picture from the family for display but only with their approval.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Hendo's Absent from our List and very ill

Yeah quite a sad thing...Hendo will be missed.

I've been out of the loop and haven't had the time to get on here...... but yeah Neill sounds like we can give them a hand to get his oven over the line. I guess it could be a good thing for them to remember him by.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Neill and Damon,

Let me know if there is anything FB can do.
James

Old 04-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ditto...if you need a few contributions for mortar mix, etc....just ask, paypal is pretty easy....

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Master Builder

Thats great of you guys offering from "across the way"..... I'm not on here much at the moment (house renovations have me working late most nights) but Neill is keeping me in the loop.

I never met Hendo face to face but it was always good to chat through here and email. Hopefully the family will have positive memories of him through his oven (when finished) just like we like we felt about his enjoyable input here on FB.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:05 AM

Quote:
the picture displayed in Dmuns input (permalink no. 14) is NOT Paul but his brickie Dallas.
Oops, sorry about that.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Guys,
thanks for your kind thoughts.
I don't kow why, but I am rather moved by this forum and Pauls passing, I guess I feel that others would help my family finish an oven if I had put so much into the concept and preparation.
I am on holidays at present, I need to go across town on Tuesday so will call in and see Paul's family to see just what and when we 'can do'.
I will keep you all informed and see if I can get a suitable photo for Dmun to use as the substitute pic.
My new educational manager at work (TafeSA) was a personal friend of Paul and Margaret (his wife) and worked with him for several years. She attended his funeral and is getting his funeral portraits for me. I will email it to you for use.
James, can I send it through you to Dmun?
Damon, (Bacterium), I will keep you informed out from this forum.
Jim, thank you for you generous offer but I have materials left over, a few bags of cement, a little sand and his brickie Dallas also works for the govt and they can afford to put in the odd contribution if needed. I have 4 bags of fireclay and a bag of lime, but will work it out with his brickie.

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi all,
I have started a new hread as a memorial to Paul. Please continue reading his oven progress at:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/...rson-3857.html (A Memorial to Hendo - Paul Henderson)

Regards.

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 04-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Journeyman

Vale, Hendo, Master Builder! Morituri, te salutamus...

You never let on what actually was troubling you, and I remember making a silly remark about this in one of the e-mails we exchanged!

I was often humbled by your construction prowess and optimistic attitude to your project, and I thought it was merely self-deprecating on your part when you said a while ago you expected I'd finish my oven first...

Thanks for all the advice and kind words - we've all lost a great mate.

Fellow FB builders: I'll be glad to chip in with whatever you decide to do in memory of Paul Henderson.

Suddenly saddened,

Luis M. Huesch
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

sobering.....

thanks Christo, Neill and Luis....

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!