Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Going Crazy ... (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/going-crazy-10726.html)

heliman 02-03-2010 05:37 PM

Going Crazy ...

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:

When typing a post in the FB forum every now and then letters typed do not appear, or groups of words jump to the beginning of the post or somewhere else. Mostly though it is the missing letters that happen - which is quite annoying.

I have 2 laptops side by side on the coffee table at home - one is a brand new DELL and the other a Toshiba. Using IE 8, XP and Vista.

Would be keen to hear if anyone has had a similar problem...

Rossco

Les 02-03-2010 05:53 PM

Re: Going Crazy ...

Nope. Good title though, you are going crazy. :) Seriously, I have had no issues with this site. Using Iespell for checking took a little getting used to, but after that, no probs.

Les...

heliman 02-03-2010 05:56 PM

Thanks for confirming my craziness Les - I feel a lot better knowing that for sure!!! ;-))

Rossco

egalecki 02-03-2010 07:28 PM

sometimes I do find that my cursor has migrated to where I didn't leave it, ending up with emoticons, etc. in the wrong places...

That said, I don't think you're any crazier than the rest of us!

Les 02-03-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egalecki (Post 79546)
sometimes I do find that my cursor has migrated to where I didn't leave it, ending up with emoticons, etc. in the wrong places...

That said, I don't think you're any crazier than the rest of us!

I would bet that you have an optical mouse - they tend to do that. BTW - how's Wilson? ;)

heliman 02-03-2010 10:36 PM

Well I must say the positive sentiment is comforting, albeit unexpected!!!

Nope - I don't bother with a mouse at all on the laptop so that can't be the problem.

Perhaps my brain only registers every 3rd letter or something - brought on by the trauma of submitting a doctoral dissertation recently. That may well have pushed me over the edge!!! :mad:

Rossco

kebwi 02-04-2010 12:13 AM

Congratulations.

heliman 02-04-2010 02:22 AM

Thanks kebwi - examiners report due in 2 weeks time... nervous!!

Rossco

ThisOldGarageNJ 02-04-2010 03:01 AM

Rossco,

I sometimes have that problem with my new toshiba laptop... I think it happens when i inadvertantly drag a finger over the mouse pad on the laptop which is completely flush with the top,, my old toshiba had a sunken sort of area.... or you could just be crazy !!!

Cheers
Mark

heliman 02-04-2010 03:28 AM

Hahah thanks Mark ... I think we all agree that I am crazy ... but in the interest of exploring every possible option I will put your theory to the test and report back. I'll also double check that I have the latest Java/service packs etc on the machines - I'm sure they are up to date, but will check just to make sure.

Rossco