Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Global warming? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/global-warming-17142.html)

brickie in oz 12-13-2011 10:25 PM

Global warming?

Global warming?

Its like we are 1 season behind this year. :confused:

Here we are in the second week of summer and some nights were are shivering, is it just Melbourne that is unseasonably cold this year or everywhere?

Lburou 12-14-2011 05:53 AM

Re: Global warming?

We had the hottest, driest summer ever here in Texas. But, keep in mind, our space ship Earth is four Billion years old and our weather data barely spans 150-250 years. We really have no idea what the range of weather can be, or has been.

We certainly are continuing a warming cycle that has lasted more than 10,000 years. Weather extremes are no real surprise, although they can be downright unpleasant. The weather, whether changed by extra terrestial bombardment, or Earth's natural cycles, has managed to drive 99% of all flora and fauna to extiction. In the fullness of time, I expect that one day even humanity will be unable to survive and we will join the host of extinct species.

But not in our lifetime Al. Hang in there :)

stormy 12-14-2011 06:25 AM

When I was a young man, the local river would freeze over to where we could play hockey on it for two months every winter. It does not freeze over at all now. Texas gets less rain, here in NE Ohio we got 50% more last year. Does it have anything to do with the elevated CO2 levels? I have no idea but the weather here is different.

david s 12-14-2011 01:03 PM

We just had a huge downpour last night. My rain gauge shows 145mm (almost 6")

Tscarborough 12-14-2011 02:42 PM

The primary hurricane forecasters in the US just announced that they would no longer make an annual forecast, as a review of the last 20 years worth had shown them, "to be totally worthless".

If they can't predict hurricanes, then I have my doubts about climate modeling in general.

david s 12-14-2011 03:15 PM

We live in a Hurricane (called Cyclones in the Sthn. Hemisphere) prone area. Cyclones have always been difficult to predict. They are by nature unpredictable, although the tracking and information that is available now via the net is very good. There is a mountain of evidence out there to support the theory that climate change is upon us. The unpredictability of Hurricanes is a weak argument to use to deny climate change.

buckeyebreadman 12-14-2011 03:38 PM

Here in southern Ohio we are enjoying near 60 degrees for a couple of days.....

LOVIN' IT!!!

this time last year it was snowy, windy and freezing......

Neil2 12-14-2011 04:28 PM

Wood fired ovens are "carbon neutral", so it is not our fault.

GianniFocaccia 12-14-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Wood fired ovens are "carbon neutral", so it is not our fault
It's no one's fault. "Global Warming" started much before the Industrial Revolution or invention of the internal combustion engine. Geologic analysis of polar ice samples reveals global warming cycles occurred at least as long as 18,000 years ago.

ebbro 12-15-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GianniFocaccia (Post 124761)
It's no one's fault. "Global Warming" started much before the Industrial Revolution or invention of the internal combustion engine. Geologic analysis of polar ice samples reveals global warming cycles occurred at least as long as 18,000 years ago.

We wouldn't have gotten out of the Ice Age without a little global warming.