Old 11-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: George back soon.....

I'm still with you all in spirit. Kids and golf consume me these days. Dutch may understand the golf side.

Thanks again for all your wishes. Hope you all had a great T-giving. Once we get a laptop working around the house (one without a cappuccino flooded keyboard), reading and posting will be easier.

For the time being, I'm just in and out of the forum, as life and golf allows. (Frances: No jokes dammit! Golf - just try it. You will be consumed. (Lesson one: the ball washer)).
G.

-
Old 12-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbingham View Post
Frances: No jokes dammit! Golf - just try it. You will be consumed.
Hmmm.... I'm not sold.

Read my signiture line. I don't think mere golf could ever compete with all those wonderful hours of icy cold and cement burned fingers.

Good to hear from you again George

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Awwww Frances,
You obviously have not taken my advice and tried golf yet have you? You hit that ball well, on the sweet spot of the club, a couple of times and watch it fly incredible distances, and go exactly where you wanted it to - absolutely addicting. Especially so when the majority of the shots you make are not nearly so perfect. I liken it to fishing or hunting for treasure. You never know what might happen. A hole in one, a world record, a million bucks! Perfectly (and almost utterly) free. You did it, no one else!

Hugs! Happy holidays soon!
G.

-
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbingham View Post
You hit that ball well, on the sweet spot of the club, a couple of times and watch it fly incredible distances, and go exactly where you wanted it to - absolutely addicting.
George,

You are right. My problem was that those "addictive" shots were so few and far between that I never got enough positive reinforcement to keep at it.

Oh well... not golfing gives me more time to build pizza ovens, arbors, cabinets, etc.

Updated!