Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Favorite Christmas presents

I havn't even started building my oven yet but i think my friends and family are keen for some Pizza action because i got 2 wooden peels - one from each side of my family, a nice stainless pizza cutting blade - foot long blade thingy that you rock over the pizza and i also got a book called 500 pizza and flat bread recipes which has some awsome ideas in it.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Apprentice

where are the long oven mitts? I need some more and can't find any on Forno Bravo site. My current pair have burned on the outside and the stuffing is showing. Not quite the heat proof I need.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosskraft View Post
where are the long oven mitts? I need some more and can't find any on Forno Bravo site. My current pair have burned on the outside and the stuffing is showing. Not quite the heat proof I need.
Long Leather Pizza Oven Gloves :: Pizza Oven Accessories :: Forno Bravo Store

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 AM

These come in 14 and 18 inch lengths: keep those arm hairs intact

STEINERģ Welder's Gloves - Lab Safety Supply
Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

But would it be a true wfo experience without the lovely smell of burning hair???

Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalecki View Post
But would it be a true wfo experience without the lovely smell of burning hair???
Shoot, that's how I know my oven's hot enough for pizza.

I use my (too short) fireplace tool to rearrange logs - when I notice all the hair on my forearm is gone, I'm ready to cook!

Updated!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

James, make the oat bran broom bread out of the Whole Grain Bread book. I made it today and it's wonderful. Lovely "sandwichy" bread with great flavor. It rose beautifully and the texture is terrific. It's a nice change from chewy hearth breads. I did use 100% hydration starter instead of the biga, though. The dough was quite soft, but not sticky.

I'm really enjoying the soaker technique for getting better rise and texture in the finished bread.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Santa brought me snow, more snow, and even more snow for Christmas. So....I prayed for rain, and sadly, I got that too. Flooding and intolerable outdoor conditions have kept me indoors for nearly a month. Anybody got a sandbag? The water's risin'

-
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Favorite Christmas presents

Pack your bags and move down here George. No more snow!
The weather here is wonderful, ideal for the oven use. It's a pity that I am kitchen building and little time for cooking.

Cheers.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I didn't get any pizzs/bread baking related presents at all this year... but to be honest it'd be hard to come up with something I haven't already bought for myself .

My brother did give me a brewing set, so look out for more news on the mead brewing front sometime soon.

But my favourite present was a pin cushion from my daughter... For the last 30 years I've been using the one I made in school, although its really ugly. I never did like the design we had to follow. And so when her class made pin cushions at school she found time to make two - and it is so cool and beautiful.