Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Current US Investment property thoughts?

Brickie i Oz,
thanks for the article, that's pretty much what I have established so far from my investigations. My brother who lives in California, claims that his wife is prepared to liquidate her investment properties in the US and invest in Australia as she can get 6-7% from the banks where she is really struggling to get 2-3% in the US. The tenant in the US have a lot more and different benefits to those here in Australia.
I have also been in contact with 888 Real Estate in Byron Bay, who has offered much more realistic pricing for properties than some others based in the States.

Cheers.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Current US Investment property thoughts?

Neill, Here's another story about how the US housing market hasn't finished correcting yet:

Real estate: Now is the time to sell your home, real estate consultant says - latimes.com

Bests,
Wiley
Old 01-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Current US Investment property thoughts?

Thanks for that Wiley,
I can't really imagine what it would feel like having your heart set on home ownership, getting the house of your dreams, (or any house for that matter), only to have it ripped out from under you through little or no fault of your own.
I have read much of your link and decided not to persue the venture, just leave the cash in the bank where at least it is safe (or as safe as cash can be).
I must admit though, that a real estate agent who is sending me property information with photos, (all vacant posession), look very inticing. If I were living in the States, with the capital at my disposal, I would most certainly invest in the market, but being 12000 to 15000 km away and having blind faith in real estate people who have my wallet in their sights, is not in my best interest. I am not a gambler and like to ensure that my 2 feet are well and truly on the ground. That said also, I am not afraid of hard work and do many tasks to renovate and improve real estate property.

Thanks for the link and the info.

Cheers.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway