Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: CajunKnight needs prayers

CK's - you are in our prayers and thoughts, too.

Safe travels today. Get over this thing quick - so we can start seeing pictures of progress again!!!!

Vincent, Same goes for you - Hang in there buddy!!!

Christo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by christo; 08-10-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Master Builder

Travis, your positive and upbeat outlook will stand you in good stead during your recovery and building an oven sounds like a perfect recovery project - all the best as you move toward the day you can begin.

Actually, it's often said that something visual can really help in recovering to good health. Even until you reach the physical starting point, maybe you can imagine each step toward recovery as 'another brick in the dome' - when the imaginary one is complete, it'll be time to start the actual one!

We're there for you as you tackle each of them!

Sarah
Old 08-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Journeyman

Praise God! Today we received news that the doc no longer believes that Travis has a brain tumor. Our doctor called this morning and told us to get to his office immediately so we dropped everything and began the trek to his office. Once we arrived, I tried to give the surgical assistant the letter from Travis' primary physician clearing him for surgery tomorrow as well as copies of the Power of Attorney we drew up and the Living Will. She refused the copies and said "I'm not going to take those, there has been a change and I can't discuss it with you just wait for the doctor." My heart fell into my feet. All I could think was that his tumor had reached the 4.0 cm mark making it inoperable. He's already at 3.4 cm and we did an MRI Friday afternoon so with the tumor constantly changing between CT scans and MRI's, I was close to distraught. The doc came in from surgery and said "Travis, we're not operating tomorrow. My colleagues and I do not believe it's a tumor and I'm not going to screw up your life by performing an operation that may be unnecessary." He went on to explain that he and his colleagues (all brain surgeons) have been looking over the scans and based on the changes with Friday's scan, they believe that what has actually happened is that he has developed Multiple Sclerosis rather than a brain tumor. Now, we understand that MS isn't great news, but it's a damn sight better than brain cancer. We can learn to live with MS! Praise God! He had yet another MRI today taken from different angles than the others. In addition, tomorrow he will have a spinal tap. The tap will rule out or rule in MS and it will also rule out Lyme Disease.

It's not time to stop praying, it's time to kick it into high gear and heal this man. God is moving and He is listening to our corporate prayers! God is Good! And Travis' mother is pushing for his healing from up there too! We always knew that Mama had a direct line to God and now she's staying on Him like she did on her children! We will update again...continue to pray...pray hard and fast! And before you know it, the next update will say that there's nothing there! What a testimony!

Travis and Yvonne

My 44" oven in progress...

Old 08-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Laborer

What great news...Heck; since the brain tumor has been kicked in the butt might as well kick the MS prognosis right out with it. You're still in our thoughts and prayers
Vincent
Old 08-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow. Keep hanging in there!

Updated!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Talk about an emotional roller coaster ride! Yes, hang in there!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

We're with you all the way!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Apprentice

I am so grateful to hear your news. Your exuberance came right through the Internet! We are rejoicing with you and want to encourage you every step of the way. Keep us posted.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Master Builder

Travis & Yvonne,

I hope the news just keeps improving!
All the best tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Journeyman

home for weekend no more doctors till wednesday. did i ever mention i hate needles. no news yet and usually no news is good news. i feel good mentally but body is tired. right arm useless but everything else still works. start phys therapy next week. i take that as a good thing.there are about a 1000 or so used solid bricks by hospital where construction being done and plan on talking to someone next week about them. not fire bricks but old solid clay. would be a good finish anyway. gotta start collecting somewhere right. thanks for the prayers and thoughts.when i know something you will.
Travis

My 44" oven in progress...