Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: CajunKnight needs prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Travis,
Sorry to hear about your setback. I'll be thinking about you and your family. We are all pulling for you!!

Hang in there Mrs. Cajun!
DITTO!

I sense a family on this forum and when one hurts, it effects us all. It's not fun seeing the bad side of life. God bless - good luck - and love!

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Journeyman

i hate passwords... but i figured it out.

ty all for your thoughts and prayers, please keep them coming.
i will fight this strong and i will be back. in fact for recovery and physical therapy i think i can build my oven one brick at a time.
Travis aka CK

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunKnight View Post
i will fight this strong and i will be back. in fact for recovery and physical therapy i think i can build my oven one brick at a time.
Travis aka CK
No doubt in my mind Travis! You still have much cooking to do, and knowledge to pass to the rest of us.

You and yours are in my prayers.

Hang in there buddy and an oven build sounds like perfect therapy.

God Bless,

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

We build ovens for the passion of great food. Along the way we build friendships that bond for a very long time. CK and wife, remember that this community is very tight and caring for all involved. Never feel alone, and never believe that the pains of ones health must be hidden. Always know that we will help you through this, some way or another. I believe that if there is ever a setback to your oven from this that there are members whom live near enough, and willing to step up to help. Lastly, be strong and don't feel alone going through this. Go into this headstrong and realize that you will come out ok.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunKnight View Post
i think i can build my oven one brick at a time.
Travis aka CK
Very inspirational words, Travis, for oven building and life. Keep at it, one brick at a time. Your positive outlook and attitude get you through. You're in our prayers.

God Bless,

Mike

Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Laborer

Travis and Mrs. C; your post has struck very close to home. Both mine and my wifes' prayers are with you both. We know what a difficult time it must be for you. Approximately a month ago i was diagnosed with an agressive large cell carcinoma in my lower back. My first round of treatments began this week. Like Travis my outlook and optimism is good. My wife has had a much tougher time dealing with it. But with each others love and support everything will be fine. The human mind and body is very powerful. Travis; once again my oven is on hold. And like you i will get around to building it. Heck; mabey we can even corner the forum with posts and pics of our progress when we get started.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Maybe we can have member health and wellness category under general. Seems we have many moving members with thoughts to share. Whenever I meet members of the forum it moves me the passion on life that all of us share. This is by no means just a forum on oven building.

Those of you with health issues, I wish for the best of recovery. To the family members, I wish for you to get the best of support as well, to not feel alone.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 08-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Apprentice

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from CajunKnight and now I know. I pray that he will get through the procedure safely and recover completely from the treatment. Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, and tell of the works of the Lord"......and cook many meals in my wood-fired oven when I get it built!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Journeyman

i have found little to really make me laugh but that one did the trick. ty all for the warm thoughts wishes and prayers. i have come to realize how many people i have on my side and it feels great. sunday evening i head to baton rouge closer to hospital for test monday morning. surgery tuesday. recovery will take a while. will miss u all and please keep the prayers coming. i have truly felt the difference.

My 44" oven in progress...

Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Laborer

Take care Travis, We will be praying for you and your family that all is well. Stay strong and positve!

Cheers, Versachi