Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Burn bans

Yeah, I think during fire safety burn bans, we're good to go. But during air quality, cooking fires are prohibited. But I think as long as you can get it heated up sufficiently fast, nobody will really know.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Apprentice

Just an FYI for those in the Puget Sound region, the burn ban was lifted yesterday. I think it's important to clarify the difference between "fire safety" and "air quality" burn bans. It could end up saving you thousands...
Old 12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

$1000 pizza? Hmm, could be worth it....

Not to me, mind you, but it would be fun to watch one of you do that...

Why yes, I am feeling a bit sadistic today. How ever did you know? Name:  2057.gif
Views: 205
Size:  238 Bytes

I am sooooo never moving out west! Snow and aid safety alerts?! Eeekk!

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Serf

Default Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

I vote for the Summer time suggested by Frances. I live in Berkeley and have been making pizza in my oven forever. Want to know how someone in Monterey can have an outside wood burning oven. Up in the Bay Area we are really limited as to burning days. I would love to have a wood burning oven but don't know how much use I can make of it.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Rebecca,

There have been other postings on this topic, but you should contact your local department responsible for burn days, and explain what a wood oven is and how it works, and how cleanly they work. Wood ovens typically are not covered by burn day rules.

We are planning on having Expo next spring -- but not in the summer. The weather in the summer is terrible! The fog comes in, and it is colder in July than it is in the winter.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Apprentice

Rebecca,
I am not sure of what county you are in but here is what is listed on the Spare the Air website for the bay area at this link

Spare the Air - Regulation
Exemptions

There are some exemptions to the wood-burning ban during Winter Spare the Air Alerts. These are discussed in this Guidance Document.

Fires for cooking are not prohibited during Winter Spare the Air Alerts, but we ask the public to be mindful of air quality, and recommend the use of gas and propane barbecues rather than wood or charcoal-fired cooking devices on these days

So they ask you to be mindful, but it doesn't ban wood fired ovens from how I read it.